2017 Raptor QandA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Giant sunroof was confirmed. Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DxI-Yw5nP8

Due to the Raptor falling under the Ford Performance department, it will be an allocated vehicle. In recent months, Ford (i.e. Jamal Hameedi) has commented regarding the production of the truck. No hard numbers, but says that production will be scaled up to meet demand, surpassing the 2014 production numbers.

This is a little back a$$wards from what I've been hearing at my local dealer. I'm paraphrasing, but I was told something along the lines of, "We are only being allocated two, so this will be a very difficult truck to get your hands on. Supply for Performance Line vehicles make it tough for us to know exact numbers."

He then proceeded to tell me that his GM would (graciously) agree to allocate me one of his only two models coming to the dealership. For a mere $5,000 down and a roughly $10,000-15,000 dollar up-charge ABOVE MSRP. It was at that time, I informed him that I wasn't his Huckleberry, and was on my way.

#HypocrisyKnowsNoBounds I find it humorous that I would get uncharged when all I want to do is throw my money at him. But I don't think that dealer sees much in the way of Raptor customers so they have to squeeze what they can out of them. I'll be sticking with my dealer down south. And yes, that was two Tombstone references in this post.

You definitely need a new dealership.

Bobs619

Reaction score
Hi guys!
Anyone know if ford has published the dimensions of the super cab and super crew? More specifically I would like to know the bumper to bumper length.

Thanks

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2014 and a 2017.love the 6.2 but the 17 is twice the truck that the 14 is.

I had a Gen1 and I agree, the Gen2 is off the charts better in every way.

More power, much quieter inside, rides better and the technology is incredible. Adaptive cruise with lane keep assist makes for an amazing and safe ride on the freeways.

NHbeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't read all 15 pages...I have a question.
What does this message mean?
Can I get rid of it?
Do I need it?

sync connect is receiving data and location for
remote features.
Advise occupants.
To disable, see owners guide.

I haven't found it in any guide, yet.

JimOrlando

Reaction score
My first time on this site. Just bought a 2019 Raptor with every possible option including the pro backup assist. The manual says I must put a sticker on my trailer about 7” back where it can be viewed by the backup camera in order to function properly. Anyone done this yet? And is this the forum place for me to ask this type of question!