2017 Raptor Exhaust sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rezervd

Reaction score
I think I've read most of the posts here on exhausts sounds for the 2017's, and I'm new to the forums so this is probably in the wrong spot. I recently moved from a decked out/supercharged 2014 Raptor that was totaled by someone, thanks random guy in AL, to a new 2017 Raptor. I added the 5 star tune, and installed the Borla X Pipe/Muffler bolt in, as there isn't much else to do right now with these. The low RPM's sound good, decent low growl.. daily/highway driving sound is good, but hard acceleration or with the Perf 5 star tune (so its high RPM in the neighborhood) definitely is fast and furious. Yes its a V-6, but I'm switching back to stock this week unfortunately. So for any of those debating it, I'd leave it stock until you hear one in person.

As a FYI, the 5 star Tune does wake the turbo's up. Daily driving they barely spin up until its tuned, so its a nice perf improvement, and it sounds cool. Good luck

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I've read most of the posts here on exhausts sounds for the 2017's, and I'm new to the forums so this is probably in the wrong spot. I recently moved from a decked out/supercharged 2014 Raptor that was totaled by someone, thanks random guy in AL, to a new 2017 Raptor. I added the 5 star tune, and installed the Borla X Pipe/Muffler bolt in, as there isn't much else to do right now with these. The low RPM's sound good, decent low growl.. daily/highway driving sound is good, but hard acceleration or with the Perf 5 star tune (so its high RPM in the neighborhood) definitely is fast and furious. Yes its a V-6, but I'm switching back to stock this week unfortunately. So for any of those debating it, I'd leave it stock until you hear one in person.

As a FYI, the 5 star Tune does wake the turbo's up. Daily driving they barely spin up until its tuned, so its a nice perf improvement, and it sounds cool. Good luck

Switching back?

chi_weezy

Reaction score
Yep I'm leaving my exhaust untouched until I hear the thing. I started one up and revved it at the dealership. Sounded terrible lol. Start up actually sounded pretty decent. But revving sounded like my stock Evo. I think most of us can agree, the gen2 doesn't sound great. The gen1 sounds awesome. However, imo the g2 does everything else better so I'll sacrifice one category to have the better newer truck.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
However, imo the g2 does everything else better so I'll sacrifice one category to have the better newer truck.

I agree with that, I was looking at getting a 14 or ordering an 18 and for the price of used and the only benefit was sound, I went with the 18.

And for those waiting for the v8 Raptor to come back, with the way they are selling, what makes anyone think they will put an 8 back in it...I doubt this time around. Maybe a gen3 in 2022 pushing 650HP with a TT coyote lol

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
The V8 is coming much sooner than that. Folks buying these ecoboosts will be mad when they see what will be available. I promise you that it doesn't have intercooler condensate induced misfires or cam phaser rattles.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Which Borla did you get? Mine sounds incredible.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The V8 is coming much sooner than that. Folks buying these ecoboosts will be mad when they see what will be available. I promise you that it doesn't have intercooler condensate induced misfires or cam phaser rattles.

What happened to the 2017.5 V8 option you promised us? :specialed: