2017 Ford Raptor Swaybar Disconnect Flex Test

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
1.5" of additional flex isn't worth it. If you have to make any sudden evasive maneuvers, you will regret not having the anti-sway bar connected.

Define sudden evasive maneuvers? Something like a moose test?

I've had no sway bar now since October and other than more Raptor lean in the corners the Raptor handles as good as before with the sway bar. Corners at speed with lots of drifting made no difference in handling other than the lean.

I get what you are saying I've just not heard of anyone who had an accident because of it.

The good thing is the entire sway bar and be removed and installed in about 10 minutes. At least it was that way before my SDHQ alignment cam install. Those bolts cover the sway bar bolts :(

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Define sudden evasive maneuvers? Something like a moose test?

I've had no sway bar now since October and other than more Raptor lean in the corners the Raptor handles as good as before with the sway bar. Corners at speed with lots of drifting made no difference in handling other than the lean.

I get what you are saying I've just not heard of anyone who had an accident because of it.

The good thing is the entire sway bar and be removed and installed in about 10 minutes. At least it was that way before my SDHQ alignment cam install. Those bolts cover the sway bar bolts :(

I run with no swaybar as well and love it. If you're running extra preload on your shocks the lean gets less noticeable. I can still rail into Starbucks drive thrus just fine without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I run with no swaybar as well and love it. If you're running extra preload on your shocks the lean gets less noticeable. I can still rail into Starbucks drive thrus just fine without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t support this modification. It compromises cruising and parking in mall parking lots.

Starbucks has drive thru?

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I don’t support this modification. It compromises cruising and parking in mall parking lots.

Starbucks has drive thru?

You're saying that you go into the lobby like a peasant?

It also really helps with taking those mall speed bumps. Mall crawling = enhanced

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're saying that you go into the lobby like a peasant?

It also really helps with taking those mall speed bumps. Mall crawling = enhanced

I assume you're in Mall/Starbucks mode when this goes down so you don't get your hands dirty.