GEN 2 2017 Ford Raptor F-150 for China - Video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ 1:48: "Ladies and gentleman, the all new Ford Raptor" <...Crickets...>
LOL!

Also the guys standing there at the end for photos - how awkward does that fat one look? He get's dissed on the handshake afterwards from the Chinese dude. :D
1:48 was awkward!

VortexTed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently the Chinese don't know how to applause.
That was awkward.

The Raptor is going to China. This can either be really bad or really good for us Americans. It's bad if Ford can't fulfill our American orders in a timely matter because they are sending Raptors to China.

Or it's really good meaning Ford plans on really cranking these Raptors out in big production numbers.

I'm going to be pissed if my Raptor is hard to get here because their being shipped to China.

But I won't worry to much, judging by the response of the Chinese audience I don't think they will be buying many Raptors.

Last edited:

SubSonicSOPMOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My bro who lives in China as a contractor said he's not surprised. They view trucks vehicles for poor people. Even though this is no poor person truck it's just a different culture.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Apparently the Chinese don't know how to applause.
That was awkward.

The Raptor is going to China. This can either be really bad or really good for us Americans. It's bad if Ford can't fulfill our American orders in a timely matter because they are sending Raptors to China.

Or it's really good meaning Ford plans on really cranking these Raptors out in big production numbers.

I'm going to be pissed if my Raptor is hard to get here because their being shipped to China.

But I won't worry to much, judging by the response of the Chinese audience I don't think they will be buying many Raptors.

I can't disagree, but even if a very very small percentage of Chinese want these trucks, with their population, that's a lot of trucks.

uppitycitizen

Reaction score
Since this truck is being manufactured in the USA and imported to China, it will face really heavy import duties to the tune of close to 100%. For example, a loaded truck at $65000 may well be $130,000 over there. There is also a tax on engine size. Although the 3.5L may seem small here, over there that's a huge engine considering most vehicles are 1.4 or 1.6L. I can't remember when the tax kicks in, but definitely anything above 3.0L would have some tax.

Yes China has a shit ton of wealthy people, but most of those wealthy people are in the urban areas, where a truck like this is at best a status symbol, and at worst a pain in the ass to get around in because of tight roads, parking spaces, horrible traffic, etc.

Finally many cities consider pickup trucks rural vehicles and ban them from city centres.

I don't think these trucks are going to be selling gangbusters, but who knows, it's a crazy place.