2017 Ford Raptor: 80+ MPH Baja Mode Off-Road Review TFLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
big chub seems to talk a different tune when in front of Ford folks, or the off roading really wouldn't allow the vinegar to flow. He did try to voice the v8 and "tuned" engine noise up so I will cut him a smidgen of slack.
Thanks for posting.

Miker397

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do they augment the engine sound? Is it through the speakers?

I could have sworn a recent camero rental car did the same on their v6...

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Yes, through the speakers. On 2015 F150's you could disable it by removing a fuse, jumping some wires togther, or the dealer could turn it off through Ford's IDS. Another option was using a free program called Forscan with an OBDII bluetooth adpater. Not sure if its the same for 2017's yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQrG2E4XFro&t

Last edited:

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I believe so in some ways. Noise cancelling + pumped in noise to give the "desired" "expected" tone/sounds. I have yet to experience it, at least to my perceived knowledge, but have scoffed at the idea since first reading of it years ago. Guess I will find out one day soon.

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roman ******* about the engine noise to anyone who'll listen lol.

The truck was carrying pretty decent speed and staying pretty composed. As much emphasis they're placing on the terrain modes.. I'm hyped about the travel, boxed frame and big weight reduction.