GEN 2 2017 Ford F150 Raptor SuperCrew Getting Shipped To China - Video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1phatstang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you think the red/white reflective stripes also are mandatory in China because of their narrow roads? They sure detract from the looks, just like the clearance lights. Glad to live in the USA!! Also, don't see a single one w/ the beadlocks, maybe just a coincidence.

Last edited:

palma

Reaction score
I think there is a huge profit margin in doing this. I heard they had GEN 1s sell for like 150k over there? Basically someone here has to buy one drive it around the lot and it becomes a 'used' vehicle and avoid paying the high taxes on new vehicles imported in to china. So works for everybody. Where i live benz, bimmer and porsche dealers have black listed customers who tried this tactic multiple times and the cars ended up in China.

Edit: NVM just read they are selling GEN 2s in China anyways. Still they sell for double the price they do here. Will have to check if there is much of difference between 'used' and 'new' ones.

Last edited:

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you think the red/white reflective stripes also are mandatory in China because of their narrow roads? They sure detract from the looks, just like the clearance lights. Glad to live in the USA!! Also, don't see a single one w/ the beadlocks, maybe just a coincidence.

Yes the Red/White stripes are mandatory. I have no idea why, I think it is because of the vehicle class these fall into in China. Ford is exporting these directly to China, which they did not do for the Gen 1 trucks.

I do not have any data, but I know a guy, who told me these trucks are going for well over $100K in China.

Last edited:

VortexTed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes the Red/White stripes are mandatory. I have no idea why, I think it is because of the vehicle class these fall into in China. Ford is exporting these directly to China, which they did not do for the Gen 1 trucks.

I do not have any data, but I know a guy, who told me these trucks are going for well over $100K in China.

There going for over $100K here to at some California and Tucson dealers ;)

I made a post about Ford shipping to China on here a few days ago. This is why so many Americans still don't have build dates from summer orders. Ford should fill their bread and butter USA customer orders first then send the surplus to China when supply meets demand. Not Cool Ford!!

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There going for over $100K here to at some California and Tucson dealers ;)

I made a post about Ford shipping to China on here a few days ago. This is why so many Americans still don't have build dates from summer orders. Ford should fill their bread and butter USA customer orders first then send the surplus to China when supply meets demand. Not Cool Ford!!

I agree with your sentiment. I also think there are a number of celebrities getting put in front of us regular folks.

82Kuba

Reaction score
Those smoked headlights are sexy and I'm not a fan of smoked lights