20” Wheel Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raminator08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to be rude but running 37” tires would also defeat all the engineering ford put in with your logic then? Or upgrade any suspension components?

Are people not allowed to modify their vehicles to how they use them?

Is this Russia Danny?

Not trying to be rude but thats why i stick with the factory size 35 tire. No issues so far in the sand, mud, rock crawling, and mall cruising ive done. I do agree 37s and upgraded suspension add function but 20s are a different story

It’s his money so I agree he can modify it any way he wants

Are people not allowed to give out opinions on this forum?

Nah, this isn’t Russia and I don’t take drugs

Last edited:

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not trying to be rude but thats why i stick with the factory size 35 tire. No issues so far in the sand, mud, rock crawling, and mall cruising ive done.

It’s his money so I agree he can modify it any way he wants

Are people not allowed to give out opinions on this forum?

Is this Russia comrade?

I felt like I was in Russia for a minute! Did you read anywhere that the OP wanted opinions on 17” wheels and tires?

I could care less if he wants to put 32” wheels on his truck, it’s his truck and it’s his money. Is it for me? No and its not my truck. I’m sure the guy or gal or whatever it identifies as with the gen 1 and 30” wheels is happy as can be and that’s what matters for his/hers/it’s use.

So when someone asks for advice specific to 20” tires and what size to go with you recommend stay stock because it’s what Ford made and anything else is absurd?

I have personally used 17”, 18” and 20” wheels on all of my raptors and not one wheel size gave me any noticeable difference from stock 17’s. Tires are a completely different story and so far nothing has been able to beat my current Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35x12.5 20 that’s for my use. I never get to send my truck or have any desire to.

I am waiting on Deavers +2HD and R1 concepts BBK but this goes against what Ford made as it simply cannot be improved on for my use right comrade?[emoji23][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raminator08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I felt like I was in Russia for a minute! Did you read anywhere that the OP wanted opinions on 17” wheels and tires?

I could care less if he wants to put 32” wheels on his truck, it’s his truck and it’s his money. Is it for me? No and its not my truck. I’m sure the guy or gal or whatever it identifies as with the gen 1 and 30” wheels is happy as can be and that’s what matters for his/hers/it’s use.

So when someone asks for advice specific to 20” tires and what size to go with you recommend stay stock because it’s what Ford made and anything else is absurd?

I have personally used 17”, 18” and 20” wheels on all of my raptors and not one wheel size gave me any noticeable difference from stock 17’s. Tires are a completely different story and so far nothing has been able to beat my current Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35x12.5 20 that’s for my use. I never get to send my truck or have any desire to.

I am waiting on Deavers +2HD and R1 concepts BBK but this goes against what Ford made as it simply cannot be improved on for my use right comrade?[emoji23][emoji41]

Since when does this forum actually stay on topic for a thread? Half of the posts above me were echoing the same thing about keeping 17s. I may have been more blunt about it and for that I apologize to the op.

Since you singled out my post and obviously want to keep conversing with me, I’ll tell you my experience with running 35s with a 15, 17, 20 and even a 22 wheel are bit different than yours. Bigger wheels don’t work well offroad. Since this a purpose built off road vehicle and not an escalade, I thought that may mean something. Of course, when I’m hopping curbs at Starbucks to get my mocha latte, I don’t notice a difference so you may be on to something with those 20s. For tires, I have discovered the duratracs to be lightweight, good in snow, long lasting and perfect for passing minivans on the school run

GLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw this on IG today Lol

Attachments

• 60F2F400-E188-4EB5-9615-3F8B424C75F1.jpeg
    60F2F400-E188-4EB5-9615-3F8B424C75F1.jpeg
    306.8 KB · Views: 48