18 in the shop with 150 Miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think that you smelled unburned fuel because some cylinders weren't firing and raw gas was being exhausted. That would also explain all other symptoms - rough running, no power, etc. Yeah, that may seem obvious, but it eliminates a LOT. One thing is for certain, and that is that your catalytic converters are fouled with gasoline.

Depending upon the explanation you get, you might consider giving them back the new truck and keeping the old one. Any truck that fails so dramatically at 150 miles is likely to have continuing reliability problems - completely unacceptable to any consumer with any vehicle, but of critical importance to a 4x4 truck owner because the vehicle may fail in remote and/or dangerous locations. While you are awaiting a diagnosis, you should probably review your state's lemon laws.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I have successfully used a lemon law previously, and it is not quick or fun.

Good to keep good records, document everything, but you’re not there yet. Give them a chance to make it right, it may be something very simple, but be up front with the dealer that this is not a good reflection on Ford, or them.

One key item for you to consider is that generally if you’re in a loaner, that downtime does not count towards the threshold for triggering the lemon law.

The best bet is to keep the dealer on your side. You should definitely complain to Ford via the customer service line, as the ownership experience for you - a repeat customer and a repeat SVT/F/P customer has been well... sh!tful.

I know it’s easy for all of us to type, but patience is called for here. let’s hope you’re squared away soon.

OP
OP
G

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s what I’m hoping for. A fast fix and back to normal. The 14 raptor was flawless. I was hoping for similar luck.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think that you smelled unburned fuel because some cylinders weren't firing and raw gas was being exhausted. That would also explain all other symptoms - rough running, no power, etc. Yeah, that may seem obvious, but it eliminates a LOT. One thing is for certain, and that is that your catalytic converters are fouled with gasoline.

Depending upon the explanation you get, you might consider giving them back the new truck and keeping the old one. Any truck that fails so dramatically at 150 miles is likely to have continuing reliability problems - completely unacceptable to any consumer with any vehicle, but of critical importance to a 4x4 truck owner because the vehicle may fail in remote and/or dangerous locations. While you are awaiting a diagnosis, you should probably review your state's lemon laws.

Yep, I'll take what is fuel injectors stuck open for $100 Alex.

Good luck Steve, this will probably get sorted quickly and a year from now it will be forgotten, ( more or less).

Carnut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what warranties are for. Meanwhile you have a badass loaner and your not putting miles on the new truck. Road trip!

I know I’d be frustrated too, but it will get worked out.

Gargamel

Banned
Reaction score
That’s what I’m hoping for. A fast fix and back to normal. The 14 raptor was flawless. I was hoping for similar luck.

Did the dealer give you the option to "back out" of the deal, or offer a "good faith" return? Most dealers offer that and you can just stick with what you had that runs ok.

OP
OP
G

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did the dealer give you the option to "back out" of the deal, or offer a "good faith" return? Most dealers offer that and you can just stick with what you had that runs ok.

No... but i never asked. If it isnt fixed soon ill consider that.