18 in the shop with 150 Miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well this is fun. Traded in my 14 that has zero issues. Got my 18 Wednesday. Today it starts acting like it’s running on one cylinder. Will barely pull away at a red light. Zero power. Smells bad. Luckily they still have my 14 so I’m it till they fix the 18. This better not turn into a shit show.

OP
OP
G

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t know what happens to these things when something goes south. But i think it can’t be good when it likely doesn’t have to power to go up a curb. The truck was shaking like a Harley. One it got to about 2000 rpm it was smooth but no power.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I hope they have you back on/off road in your new Rap as soon as possible.

when you said ‘smells bad’ did you mean that facetiously, or that the truck was running like crap and smelling like crap?

I wonder if it was another trans puking incident- but then, would that incur limp mode?

good luck.

OP
OP
G

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They just called and said it’s not ecm or electrical and they have to start taking covers off .... it sounded like an old Harley maybe firing on one cyl. Could barely maintain idle. I thought I could smell fuel as in a rich running engine. It happened instantly while in 10th at 60mph. We were actually seeing how high a mpg it could do.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds similar to the throttle body failures I've read about on the F150 forum.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gsteve,
Any possibility that you picked up some leaded fuel? Burn out your cats, and smells like hell. Any chunky material coming from exhaust tips...
Any fault codes?
Good luck.

Eddie

OP
OP
G

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gsteve,
Any possibility that you picked up some leaded fuel? Burn out your cats, and smells like hell. Any chunky material coming from exhaust tips...
Any fault codes?
Good luck.

Eddie

No it was filled at shell with 91 right away , the smell was more a unburned fuel smell. No codes , just the flashing engine light.
Thanks !