17 Shelby Raptor Sold at Dealership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

18LeadfootNNJ

Reaction score
They are a decent dealer, I have bought from them before.

They’re awesome! Got mine from there. Very nice ppl, and def don’t get the typical scumbag car salesman vibe from them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

psufan

Reaction score
Really? You don't think that the performance of the GT-R or GT350 could be bettered by someone building something based on a used car? Who said anything about starting with a new 5.0L Mustang? After all, Sage has a '12 model Raptor that he'd be starting with in the original example. I think that bettering the performance of a GT350 would be absurdly easy if you started with a 1-2 year old 5.0L Mustang. A blower setup, big brakes, and some high end shocks/suspension would get you there... and leave you plenty of budget for stuff like a cage to stiffen the chassis and give you a place to attach proper 5-point harnesses.

It's still used at that point. Not really much point in comparing used to new. Used is obviously cheaper.

Not sure why you would have to build something out of a used 5.0L mustang to beat a GT350 when you could just go buy a C6 Z06 for $35k.

Also keep in mind, in your example, the GT350 will hold value reasonably well.... and the brakes/supercharger/suspension/cage/etc... will lose 75% of their value as soon as you put them on. Hell putting the cage on is going to SHRINK your market and hurt resale.

You don't know the true price of a car until you sell it.

Note: nothing above should be used to make any claim that a Shelby raptor isn't a waste of money.

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's still used at that point. Not really much point in comparing used to new. Used is obviously cheaper.

Not sure why you would have to build something out of a used 5.0L mustang to beat a GT350 when you could just go buy a C6 Z06 for $35k.

Also keep in mind, in your example, the GT350 will hold value reasonably well.... and the brakes/supercharger/suspension/cage/etc... will lose 75% of their value as soon as you put them on. Hell putting the cage on is going to SHRINK your market and hurt resale.

You don't know the true price of a car until you sell it.

Note: nothing above should be used to make any claim that a Shelby raptor isn't a waste of money.

That's exactly my point; when forum member Sage said that he could take the (monetary) difference between the cost of his truck and the cost of the Shelby Raptor and build his truck into something "...that would fly past that thing (the Shelby Raptor)", I used other vehicles as examples where the performance of a high-end factory model could be equaled or bettered by starting with a less expensive base model and modifying it (in the same manner in which Sage would be doing). This is virtually always true.

As you said, you may have something that leaves the high-end factory model in the dust, but at the end of the day, what you have is a very personalized vehicle that you either get to repair yourself or pay your aftermarket performance shop to repair, and has the resale value (if you're lucky) of the model/trim upon which your build was based.

DocSpooK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta admit, my new Shelby is much faster than my 2017 I traded in

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gotta admit, my new Shelby is much faster than my 2017 I traded in

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk