12 next to a 17

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh c'mon we've had so much fun :biggrin:

Serious question, has a Gen I guy ever been banned for trolling the Gen II subforum? Or even pm'd about it? The reason I ask (and maybe I haven't paid too much attention to him) is that Jake got banned, but what for? Posting too many pics? That guy got hammered here. It could be argued that he deserved it (not by me) but there are many other guys here posting all kinds of shit toward, him, me and others that are still here.

Hey if someone's flingin' poo at me I'll just pick it up and throw it back. You can't fault me for that. Many of you wouldn't have it any other way.

I've seen maybe 3-4 bans in my years on this forum. @6.2 @randy_m @17Jake. We own this place and the Gen 2 section is a sub forum of Ford Raptor Forum. Gen 2 guys could learn a lot if they really tried to see what this place is about. We have all contributed a shit ton of Raptor/off reading knowledge as well as helped several members in need, charities and even made a little boys birthday wish come true who's mom joined to ask us if we could show up because he loves Raptors. The place is great if you get to know it.

Sorry @_M_ forget your old screen name

Last edited:

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Serious question, has a Gen I guy ever been banned for trolling the Gen II subforum? Or even pm'd about it? The reason I ask (and maybe I haven't paid too much attention to him) is that Jake got banned, but what for? Posting too many pics? That guy got hammered here. It could be argued that he deserved it (not by me) but there are many other guys here posting all kinds of shit toward, him, me and others that are still here.

Hey if someone's flingin' poo at me I'll just pick it up and throw it back. You can't fault me for that. Many of you wouldn't have it any other way.

I can't speak for the admins or moderators but to my knowledge no gen 1 owner has been banned for trolling the gen 2 sub forum. This is not a ban happy forum and off of the top of my head I can only think of 6 or so people that have been banned here since I started browsing in 2012. You can troll here quite a bit, talk shit, share unpopular opinions, and have a degree of leniency with the forum police but I think there is a fine line. My personal opinion or best guess as to why jake was banned has to do with his method of trolling. You and me or some of the other involved guys can fight and mud sling all night and still be here tomorrow, our comments are usually directed and often direct responses to other members statements. Jake on the other hand, or at least what I saw, was just spamming random comments in threads, not directly engaged with anyone or in response to specific comments or topics. Not saying that he didn't engage with others who responded to his comments, but that's my theory, I could be miles off though so don't take my word for it.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So back to the questions about the new raptor being level. The front is actually 2 inches lower than the rear and it has no perch mod. It does have higher ground clearance and a better approach angle which may be responsible for some confusion.

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So back to the questions about the new raptor being level. The front is actually 2 inches lower than the rear and it has no perch mod. It does have higher ground clearance and a better approach angle which may be responsible for some confusion.

Thanks, that answers my question earlier in this thread. I was thinking the gen 2 front end just looked like it sat higher than the gen 1 in stock form.

David

---------- Post added at 07:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

which makes me wonder, a few members have informed me in past messages that the Gen 1 was set at low perch stock because of the DOT regulations at the time. Something about the headlights couldn't be higher than a certain height. So have the DOT rules changed from back then so that the stock Gen 2 can sit higher than Gen 1?

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The answer I got from Ford was simply, That's where it should be, bottom. I ask the question on this forum of where to go before I moved mine, it was a resounding mid, so I did, little ride diff. My buddy took his to top, he noticed a degree of lost ride comfort. I have always heard there is a DOT bumper height, but the little movement the perch causes, cannot see that going over the limit

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The answer I got from Ford was simply, That's where it should be, bottom. I ask the question on this forum of where to go before I moved mine, it was a resounding mid, so I did, little ride diff. My buddy took his to top, he noticed a degree of lost ride comfort. I have always heard there is a DOT bumper height, but the little movement the perch causes, cannot see that going over the limit

On the Gen 1, is the difference between stock (low) perch and Mid-Perch about 1"?

I have to admit that the mid-perch setting looks better because the truck is more level. Mine is currently on stock perch. And I'm planning on setting it to mid-perch when I rebuild my shocks in the future.

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

What's the ride difference between mid perch and stock?

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the Gen 1, is the difference between stock (low) perch and Mid-Perch about 1"?

I have to admit that the mid-perch setting looks better because the truck is more level. Mine is currently on stock perch. And I'm planning on setting it to mid-perch when I rebuild my shocks in the future.

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

What's the ride difference between mid perch and stock?

Yep bout a inch, mine sits within 1/4 inch of dead level. Looks, sooooo much better, should have done it first day! I felt very little if any ride diff, no mileage diff, it is a must do! Only thing I had to do was re-aim my headlights, in folks eyes on low beam. That's harder than leveling the damn thing:ROFLJest::ROFLJest:

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep bout a inch, mine sits within 1/4 inch of dead level. Looks, sooooo much better, should have done it first day! I felt very little if any ride diff, no mileage diff, it is a must do! Only thing I had to do was re-aim my headlights, in folks eyes on low beam. That's harder than leveling the damn thing:ROFLJest::ROFLJest:

Great! Did you set it at Mid-perch during a shock rebuild? Have you rebuilt your shocks yet?

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score

Interesting question. Here's another; Wasn't this thread about side by sides of the generations and not your off-topic ********?

55554048.jpg