11 Month Ownership Report

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any update on your issues from service? The Lane Keep Assist thing gets to me also, I leave it off now for the most part. Without having any of your other issues, I wonder why you are thinking about selling the truck as you said it is the best truck you had?

OP
OP
ChevyChad

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies and input guys.

They only fixed a couple of the issues unfortiunately..

The rear seat belt recall was needed and was performed.

Of course they could not duplicate the issue with the trans, so they didn’t do anything about that at all (no surprise there).

They could not duplicate the rear squeak either. It was wet/ rainy the entire time my truck was at the dealer. I tried to make it squeak too when I went to pick it up but it was quiet. I guess when it’s wet it doesn’t squeak. I’ll try the WD40 on the leaf spring clamp as kandewinn suggested. (Thanks for that tip!)

They also couldn’t duplicate the seat shifting. I did notice that my seat was scooted WAY forward when I got in the truck. More than what my wife has it even (She is 5’6), so I wonder if the tech who test drove it and had it in that forward position caused it not to shift?

They said back up sensors are fine also. However what was written up by the service advisor was NOT what I told him the problem was. He put down that “they beep when nothing is there”. The problem is that they give an erroneous alert that a vehicle is approaching when there is none. I got a video of the error when I was backing into my driveway when I got home. Guess I’ll have to show that to them if I take it back in for anything else. Of course I couldn’t get it to do the same when I was there at the dealership.

They said LKA was working fine, so they didn’t do anything about it either.

The center console lid was fixed. Well, they said that the tech adjusted it. When I checked it, I could still duplicate the rattle just by pressing down on it. I showed the service writer the spots where there should be rubber pads and told him the loaner they gave me had them. He took the pads off of the loaner and put them on mine. It is solid now.

Overall, the remaining issues are not too bad. If the trans acts up any more I will definitely be bringing it back in. I may even get it nice and warm and drive it up there and take a tech and/or the service writer for a ride to show them if that’s what it takes.

I still stand by my statement of best truck I’ve ever had. The only reason I’m contemplating selling it is that I have some real estate opportunities I’d like to invest in. Just this year I have already made a good chunk of change on a small investment. The concept seems saleable so if I had more free cash to invest, I could make more profit. If I do sell the truck, then I will definitely get into another gen 2 probably in a year.

Thanks again for all the help and advice, everyone. If I get any more updates on the maintenance of this truck, I’ll update the thread.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your issues. I have none of these, so don't take any of them as normal. Occasionally Lane assist wont be able to see the lines, but that's a combination of road and light quality

cain072567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why i chose to buy my raptor without the sunroof abd other crap i never use! I do love my raptor and dont regret purchase

OP
OP
ChevyChad

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had I ordered mine, I would have skipped the sunroof too. However, I don't have any issues with it. Not yet anyway LOL