10 speed Transmission lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ashton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is something new I found (I did do a search) In normal drive mode I was cruising a 60 mph and I was watching my 10 speed transmission light stack on the dash. I was just playing around with the paddle shifters and I hit the (left) - shifter a couple of times and I noticed my number 10 light go out and the truck downshifted, so I did it again and 9 went out, another downshift. This is all being done in drive mode not manual. So i starting playing around more and I guess after starting the engine you can remove all the gears you want in drive mode and it stays that way till you restart truck or add them back with the + shifter. Does this work for others?

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, hitting the - button on the console shifter or the - left paddle shifter will lock out gears.

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes a neat little feature....for me I just drive in Sport Mode all the time and the truck is much more enjoyable....2 clicks with my thumb on the Mode up steering wheel button is becoming automatic for me....

AvoidTheBoyd

Reaction score
My 2015 Lariat did the same thing with the 6 speed tranny using the rocker switch on the shifter. Nice for towing and for holding RPMs downhill, loaded or unloaded.

Last edited:

NO LIMIT

Reaction score
You mean that thing in the glove box? That's what that is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yours fit in the glove box ???...No matter which way I turn mine I can't get it to fit...about 1/4" to wide to close the glove box.