10 Day Baja Run (1900 Miles with 980 Miles of towing)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KentSD

www.BookBaja.com Baja yacht Support
Reaction score
1988 Miles over 10 Days. Finished up at 44,500 miles on her now

Loreto
San Cosme
Agua Verde
Bay of Conception (On the other side of the bay no mans land)
Laguna San Ignacio
Bahia De los Angeles

Ran down for about 10 days. Destroyed my rear breaks heading south- They were about 30% before i took off thought they would be fine but no Buenos. Was able to grab some cheap Chinese pads to get me through the rest of the trip.

Check engine light came on at about 500 miles into the trip-
Said it was a Low pressure fuel rod something rather when i hooked up the computer (Didnt know the raptor was a nuclear reactor apparently) Decided the detune the 5star on the truck and return it to stock and it went away.

Hit some good spots around Baja burned about 340 Gallons of truck fuel on this trip.
+ Another 300 Gallons on the boat

Ran the boat out to some islands in loreto and off Bay of La and hiked to the top of them. Some took over 3 hours to reach the peak but all the views were epic.

Found some rock art at conception cool that they painted fish!

Towing- My boat is 5000lbs I towed it home 900 of the miles without any wish i had more power. Now im not trying to ever go more then 50-55 on those roads with the boat so it didnt bother me at all. I had another 1000lbs of gear also plus 40 gallons of fuel in the boat most the time. (I also towed the entire way without trailer breaks i don't have any)

Happy to report no flats this trip truck or trailer. But again this set of tires is cooked. So on to set #5... I really hope someone on here works for BFG and can start getting me discounts!!!!!!

Some 1 min videos of the trip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC9ooWKytrw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xebFV3zocgI]

Instagram @KentSD for more photos and videos

Attachments

• IMG_4051.jpg
    IMG_4051.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_4136.jpg
    IMG_4136.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_4362.jpg
    IMG_4362.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_4037.jpg
    IMG_4037.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_2770.jpg
    IMG_2770.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_4111.jpg
    IMG_4111.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_4243.jpg
    IMG_4243.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_4145.jpg
    IMG_4145.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_4277.jpg
    IMG_4277.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_4221.jpg
    IMG_4221.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 87

SJRaptorG2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wishing I was you bro……….If you make a vid with pros, cons, recommendations and best mods for the Gen2 driven the way it was meant to be, I will pay to view it. Do you have any sponsors? I see people getting sponsors for just standing in front of their car and talking, you should be able to get lots of backing for what you do. I don't know how to go about it but someone must know how to solicit sponsorship. You put out good info. Adding brake pads to my list, thanks.

OP
OP
KentSD

KentSD

Reaction score
Wishing I was you bro……….If you make a vid with pros, cons, recommendations and best mods for the Gen2 driven the way it was meant to be, I will pay to view it. Do you have any sponsors? I see people getting sponsors for just standing in front of their car and talking, you should be able to get lots of backing for what you do. I don't know how to go about it but someone must know how to solicit sponsorship. You put out good info. Adding brake pads to my list, thanks.

Haha thanks man i appreciate that. No Sponsors. Don't think im cool enough to get sponsors im they best customer!

at 60k ill put together a review or something out and times in the shop.

DEGBTI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's badass, love baja. Taking my raptor this weekend for it's first baja trip, although not as far as you guys. Someday..

OP
OP
KentSD

KentSD

Reaction score
that's badass, love baja. Taking my raptor this weekend for it's first baja trip, although not as far as you guys. Someday..

Ill be down in San Felipe this weekend. You heading there?