1 month review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I'm running 32 psi in the rear on my 17 SCAB and I am wondering if it is still too high. Part of it is these KO2s have a pretty crappy skid rating and part of it is that the truck is high torque, light bed.

Still, I ran at 38 for the first 10k and got excessive overinflated wear signs. Many others are reporting this as well.

A point of clarification; are you running 32 psi indicated on your dash or by a single, known and trusted tire gauge?

I’m not seeing any over inflation signs at 38 psi, even on the rear. The lowest I’ve put the rear to so far on the street is 36 but that’s mostly because I got tired of messing with it. I’m not having bad road manners atypical for a live axle off road focused truck.

Not discounting your observations, and I agree with the skid rating.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A point of clarification; are you running 32 psi indicated on your dash or by a single, known and trusted tire gauge?

I’m not seeing any over inflation signs at 38 psi, even on the rear. The lowest I’ve put the rear to so far on the street is 36 but that’s mostly because I got tired of messing with it. I’m not having bad road manners atypical for a live axle off road focused truck.

Not discounting your observations, and I agree with the skid rating.

Tire gauge, the computer is sometimes right on, sometimes 1 psi high or low. This is cold pressure (cold being about 80F right now in Texas).

Granted, I have a supercab, but I know of three SCREW owners that noticed overinflated wear at 38. Further, at Raptor assault they run 32/28 now, and claim the 38 is only for fully loaded trucks.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1) It's a big truck with a lot of rolling resistance and drag. This is to be expected

2) Yes, sport mode is a huge difference, though I'm glad it's not the standard mode. Holds gears far too long for city driving. If you thought the coasting speed slowed down too fast as it is, it would slow down much faster if the truck holds the lower gears as it does in sport mode

3) They are off road tires laden with 3 tons of weight in a vehicle with a high center of gravity. Not a canyon carver by any stretch, this too should be expected behavior.

4) Agree for the most part, though some road conditions make the rear end a bit unstable. Hopefully the live valve shocks for 2019 mitigate this at least a bit.

5) I've got a SCREW and beyond that it's my very first truck. I too have found parking to not be quite as difficult as I thought it would. The sensors and cameras go a long way though and I live on the west coast with wider roads. I'd imagine in busier cities on the east like New York or even Chicago, I'd be singing a different tune.

6) Small spring loaded pedal all the way on the left is there for a reason ;)

7) Congrats on the purchase. Now stop wasting time on here and get her dirty

OP
OP
I

Ice

Reaction score
I know an ice in norcal, where are you from.?.

socal, unfortunately

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

1) It's a big truck with a lot of rolling resistance and drag. This is to be expected

2) Yes, sport mode is a huge difference, though I'm glad it's not the standard mode. Holds gears far too long for city driving. If you thought the coasting speed slowed down too fast as it is, it would slow down much faster if the truck holds the lower gears as it does in sport mode

3) They are off road tires laden with 3 tons of weight in a vehicle with a high center of gravity. Not a canyon carver by any stretch, this too should be expected behavior.

4) Agree for the most part, though some road conditions make the rear end a bit unstable. Hopefully the live valve shocks for 2019 mitigate this at least a bit.

5) I've got a SCREW and beyond that it's my very first truck. I too have found parking to not be quite as difficult as I thought it would. The sensors and cameras go a long way though and I live on the west coast with wider roads. I'd imagine in busier cities on the east like New York or even Chicago, I'd be singing a different tune.

6) Small spring loaded pedal all the way on the left is there for a reason ;)

7) Congrats on the purchase. Now stop wasting time on here and get her dirty

So the first week I had the truck It was raining a bit and I remembered I had an empty dirt lot (starting construction next month). I spent a good amount of time just shredding up mud, but like the idiot I am I didnt do a good job of spraying her down afterwards. Fast forward to today and I just pulled a fist sized dried mud clump from the undercarriage. Theres still so much mud under there... :baby:

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Still makes me look forward to my 18!

you absolutely should. I just listed some general first impressions but it doesnt take away from how great the truck is!

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey ICE, I happen to think SoCal is pretty cool (well except for stupid ADM's on the Raptor) but lots of great Raptor areas here :)