Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]

1 month review

This is a discussion on 1 month review within the Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
Originally Posted by Robtor310 It does not lurch. So I Pulled into a parking spot, pressed down completely on the ...

User Tag List

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2018, 04:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by Robtor310 View Post
It does not lurch.
So I Pulled into a parking spot, pressed down completely on the brake, and waited a couple seconds before shifting into park. Seems to get rid of the movement problem LOL.
Robtor310 likes this.

Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
FRF Addict

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)

Originally Posted by rtmozingo View Post
I'm running 32 psi in the rear on my 17 SCAB and I am wondering if it is still too high. Part of it is these KO2s have a pretty crappy skid rating and part of it is that the truck is high torque, light bed.

Still, I ran at 38 for the first 10k and got excessive overinflated wear signs. Many others are reporting this as well.
A point of clarification; are you running 32 psi indicated on your dash or by a single, known and trusted tire gauge?

Iím not seeing any over inflation signs at 38 psi, even on the rear. The lowest Iíve put the rear to so far on the street is 36 but thatís mostly because I got tired of messing with it. Iím not having bad road manners atypical for a live axle off road focused truck.

Not discounting your observations, and I agree with the skid rating.
smurfslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:35 PM   #13 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by smurfslayer View Post
A point of clarification; are you running 32 psi indicated on your dash or by a single, known and trusted tire gauge?

I’m not seeing any over inflation signs at 38 psi, even on the rear. The lowest I’ve put the rear to so far on the street is 36 but that’s mostly because I got tired of messing with it. I’m not having bad road manners atypical for a live axle off road focused truck.

Not discounting your observations, and I agree with the skid rating.
Tire gauge, the computer is sometimes right on, sometimes 1 psi high or low. This is cold pressure (cold being about 80F right now in Texas).

Granted, I have a supercab, but I know of three SCREW owners that noticed overinflated wear at 38. Further, at Raptor assault they run 32/28 now, and claim the 38 is only for fully loaded trucks.
rtmozingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:43 PM   #14 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

I know an ice in norcal, where are you from.?.

Old 06-14-2018, 01:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

1) It's a big truck with a lot of rolling resistance and drag. This is to be expected

2) Yes, sport mode is a huge difference, though I'm glad it's not the standard mode. Holds gears far too long for city driving. If you thought the coasting speed slowed down too fast as it is, it would slow down much faster if the truck holds the lower gears as it does in sport mode

3) They are off road tires laden with 3 tons of weight in a vehicle with a high center of gravity. Not a canyon carver by any stretch, this too should be expected behavior.

4) Agree for the most part, though some road conditions make the rear end a bit unstable. Hopefully the live valve shocks for 2019 mitigate this at least a bit.

5) I've got a SCREW and beyond that it's my very first truck. I too have found parking to not be quite as difficult as I thought it would. The sensors and cameras go a long way though and I live on the west coast with wider roads. I'd imagine in busier cities on the east like New York or even Chicago, I'd be singing a different tune.

6) Small spring loaded pedal all the way on the left is there for a reason ;)

7) Congrats on the purchase. Now stop wasting time on here and get her dirty
Ice likes this.
jabroni619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Still makes me look forward to my 18!
Ice likes this.
Birel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 05:59 PM   #17 (permalink)
Ice

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by brc misfit View Post
I know an ice in norcal, where are you from.?.
socal, unfortunately

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Originally Posted by jabroni619 View Post
1) It's a big truck with a lot of rolling resistance and drag. This is to be expected

2) Yes, sport mode is a huge difference, though I'm glad it's not the standard mode. Holds gears far too long for city driving. If you thought the coasting speed slowed down too fast as it is, it would slow down much faster if the truck holds the lower gears as it does in sport mode

3) They are off road tires laden with 3 tons of weight in a vehicle with a high center of gravity. Not a canyon carver by any stretch, this too should be expected behavior.

4) Agree for the most part, though some road conditions make the rear end a bit unstable. Hopefully the live valve shocks for 2019 mitigate this at least a bit.

5) I've got a SCREW and beyond that it's my very first truck. I too have found parking to not be quite as difficult as I thought it would. The sensors and cameras go a long way though and I live on the west coast with wider roads. I'd imagine in busier cities on the east like New York or even Chicago, I'd be singing a different tune.

6) Small spring loaded pedal all the way on the left is there for a reason ;)

7) Congrats on the purchase. Now stop wasting time on here and get her dirty
So the first week I had the truck It was raining a bit and I remembered I had an empty dirt lot (starting construction next month). I spent a good amount of time just shredding up mud, but like the idiot I am I didnt do a good job of spraying her down afterwards. Fast forward to today and I just pulled a fist sized dried mud clump from the undercarriage. Theres still so much mud under there...

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Originally Posted by Birel22 View Post
Still makes me look forward to my 18!
you absolutely should. I just listed some general first impressions but it doesnt take away from how great the truck is!
Old 06-14-2018, 06:34 PM   #18 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Hey ICE, I happen to think SoCal is pretty cool (well except for stupid ADM's on the Raptor) but lots of great Raptor areas here :)
Ice likes this.

Old 06-14-2018, 07:22 PM   #19 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

SoCal here too, and for a Raptor owner, certainly not unfortunate to live here
Ice likes this.
jabroni619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:46 PM   #20 (permalink)
Ice

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by jabroni619 View Post
SoCal here too, and for a Raptor owner, certainly not unfortunate to live here
o no I love it here LOL I was meaning to saying unfortunately I'm not the Ice he knows in norcal