GEN 2 1,200 Miles in 1 Week

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pillowsoft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I LOVE THIS TRUCK!!!!! Im going on my 1st week of ownership and I just rolled over 1,200 miles, I took delivery of the truck with 27 miles on it. Going from a Gen 1 to a Gen 2 as daily drivers I can tell you the new Raptor is better in every way. Excluding exhaust note but I dont mind the exhaust, and due to the direct injection you hear mostly combustion sound anyways, it sounds similar to a cummins diesel. Turbo spool is fun to play with and can be heard more often then what I was expecting.

However, I hate auto stop/start I hate that feature it turns off the AC when the engine goes off and sometimes ill stop for just a second then accelerate and the auto stop start makes that moment just bad, as Mr. Trump would say "Worst feature ever fitted to any vehicle ever"

Oh the transmission..... Let me start with this, its not bad and if you leave the truck in normal mode it will feel very similar to the old truck and you will not notice there are 10 gears. It dose not "gear hunt". I just started to mess with Manuel/paddle shift mode by selecting M on the gear leaver and by putting the truck into sport mode. The shift from 1st to 2nd is very slow and mechanical but 2nd to 7th are ultra smooth, Infact in the rain I've shifted from 2-3-4-5 spinning the rear wheels without power interruptions to the burn out. similar to BMWs DCT or Porsches PDK. Ive been experimenting with taking off from the line in 2nd for this reason. I havent been in the other modes and Ive only been in Baja mode twice, I dont like that Baja mode turns 4x4 on,

How the hell do I turn off stability control?? I can turn traction control off but stability control still steps in during the middle of a slide and puts you back in line. Excuse me Raptor but do what I tell you to do and don't you dare tell me what to do.

Last negative it honks at me when I get out engine on and the keys are in my pocket, I dont like that. There are many situation where I want the engine still on but I want to get out with the keys in my pocket for a few moments just dont honk at me!

Everything else is awesome the ride is sublime the new shocks and less weight make a massive difference in ride quality high speed off road. I was genuinely impressed when I got it off road at high speeds. I did tow about 5,000 lbs travel trailer for 150 mile and from that drive I could tell the new Raptor managed towing better, less squat in the rear and more control over the load. I don't tow often but its nice knowing I can.

The engine....... Its is sooo powerful there is a huge amount of low end torque it just pulls in any gear. Seriously anyone who doubted the V6 should be put in there place, Turbo sounds are good, Combustion Sounds are good, yes the exhaust note isn't as pretty as a v8 but the V6 makes a very healthy strong sound and I like it!! I know its hopeful but if ford could take take V6 the head design, injection set up and just add slightly bigger turbos and 2 more pistons they'd have a true winner! To bad the Raptor has basically no competition to create the need/want for this so I digress..

Overall Im very happy with this truck its truly worthy of the Raptor name, its just minor annoying thing that were probably emissions/safety requirements that I dont like.

Last edited:

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You need to do some FORScan work on your truck.... I have disabled off Auto Start/Stop and the annoying double honk along with a few other features using it. Must do!

Miker397

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hold traction control button for 10 seconds, I think that kills traction and stability so you can slide the 5700lb behemoth (which is not hard in the wet on these tires)

OP
OP
P

pillowsoft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to do some FORScan work on your truck.... I have disabled off Auto Start/Stop and the annoying double honk along with a few other features using it. Must do!

Is this the iPhone App I haven't heard of this... I just started researching it it looks like the iCarly app for BMWs...

Update:
I found
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-8dKaS_Spu4Zw4hV_CrKC4tLoP9G8yejqegF1wxIqxY/edit
and
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...iVSlDFGFHnfeuhb3RTMVz95730/edit#gid=815852466

Why do little things like this must be so hard, plus I need to join there forum for a licenses that last a few month and and and you'll need a windows machine the apps just reads, no writing/changes..

this is what you're talking about right?

Newest update 5-11, 12:48PM I figured out forscan I downloaded the $5 app and the Icarly adapter wifi obdII adapter works perfectly with forscan. I'm at work today and I downloaded the software to my work laptop and then hooked it up to the truck, I was able to connect the truck with the laptop and read DTC and PID data but I need an extended licenses to do programming. I've joined the forums there to get the licenses I'm just waiting on my approval so I can generate the needed code to activate the laptop software to program.... lol "sooo simple" to just permanently remove auto stop/start and double honk reminder...

Hold traction control button for 10 seconds, I think that kills traction and stability so you can slide the 5700lb behemoth (which is not hard in the wet on these tires)

Ive tried this but it still steps in stopping a skid by holding the button and the messaged on the screen reads the same regardless if you hold or tap the trac button

Last edited: