Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]

0-60 Times (Baja vs sport)

This is a discussion on 0-60 Times (Baja vs sport) within the Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
Hello all I am still waiting on my 2018 Lead Foot 802A pkg to arrive ordered on 7/24-build week 9/11. ...

User Tag List

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2017, 11:24 AM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default 0-60 Times (Baja vs sport)
Hello all I am still waiting on my 2018 Lead Foot 802A pkg to arrive ordered on 7/24-build week 9/11. I have been on the forum a lot as well as youtube watching videos.

Interested to see if anyone has tested the difference between Baja mode and sport mode on their 0-60 times? I know baja is technically for off road but I have seen a lot of videos where people are using it on the street and manually switching from 4wd to 2 high. Has anyone tried this and is Baja mode considerably faster than the sport mode? Also is sport mode 2 wheel drive ? I have read that sport is for the road. Thanks and look forward to being part of the owners club in a month or so!

brownkc81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 11:27 AM   #2 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

0-60 times. Blow off valves. Carbon fiber hood vents. Red push-to-start buttons.

What's become of this place?
DrippinRaptor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 11:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

I'd suggest starting in 4lo
8WOOD likes this.
mcote1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 11:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Originally Posted by mcote1 View Post
I'd suggest starting in 4lo
4 low is no longer necessary. It was implemented in Gen 1 so the 1.0 Raptors would fare better in the Starbucks drive thru. Gen 2 transmission omits the need for 4 low in the drive thru and mall crawl.

I tested baja vs. sport +4a at Raptor Assault twice. straight line acceleration in a 0-?? is no different. Baja is better at variable throttle situations, keeps the hair driers spooled up so that when you return to throttle it is faster to get into power.
smurfslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 11:44 AM   #5 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

If you really must know sport mode, 4a, boost launch is the fastest. 0-60 times really shouldn't be that important though.

The modes change a lot of things like abs and traction control to be ideal for that type of terrain and they really shouldn't be used anywhere else and doing so isn't ideal for your safety.

If the truck is expecting you to be on loose terrain but you're actually on asphalt it's not going to behave the way it should. Also using 4h on asphalt will put extra stress on your 4wd components.
WhatExit? and mcote1 like this.

Dude's Build Thread
dude1782 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 11:58 AM   #6 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by dude1782 View Post
If you really must know sport mode, 4a, boost launch is the fastest. 0-60 times really shouldn't be that important though.

The modes change a lot of things like abs and traction control to be ideal for that type of terrain and they really shouldn't be used anywhere else and doing so isn't ideal for your safety.

If the truck is expecting you to be on loose terrain but you're actually on asphalt it's not going to behave the way it should. Also using 4h on asphalt will put extra stress on your 4wd components.

That's why you disable 4h when on asphalt.
brownkc81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 12:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by brownkc81 View Post
That's why you disable 4h when on asphalt.
You will spin ruthlessly in 2h trying to do a fast launch. 4A and sport.
Old 08-25-2017, 02:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

But can you pop-a-wheelie?
BBQPorkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 03:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I don't get the hate for wanting to know what this Performance truck can do. Stock for stock, its faster than a Gen2 Lightning correct? It's like this truck can't win here; it's not the best at rock crawling, it's not the best overland vehicle, it's not the best Baja vehicle, it's not the fastest thing on the road. And no matter what there is always someone coming along and shitting on someone else for their intended use of the truck. It's just mind boggling.
jakeO, Johngm45 and Glamisfan like this.
ssj4sadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 04:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by ssj4sadie View Post
I don't get the hate for wanting to know what this Performance truck can do. Stock for stock, its faster than a Gen2 Lightning correct? It's like this truck can't win here; it's not the best at rock crawling, it's not the best overland vehicle, it's not the best Baja vehicle, it's not the fastest thing on the road. And no matter what there is always someone coming along and shitting on someone else for their intended use of the truck. It's just mind boggling.
some folks can’t stand not having the pimp’nest ride in the starbucks drive thru line. Heathens. We need to preach The WORD(™) to them.

God spoke all these words:

2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

“You shall have no other gods before[a] me.

“You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

“You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.

“Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

“Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.

“You shall not murder.

“You shall not commit adultery.

“You shall not steal.

“You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.

“You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.”

You shall not covet your neighbor’s Raptor, or be envious of its performance.

If you live by the WORD(™), you will live a righteous and fulfilled life. @Aaron, can I get an AMEN Brother?

Not sayin’... Just sayin'.
mcote1 likes this.