GEN 2 ~1,100 lbs in the bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many people really transport anything in the bed of their Raptor? I would bet that more than half barely put anything more than an ice chest or toolbox in the back.

Seriously, first guy to comment was all "YOU PUT TOO MUCH STUFF IN IT" when you were just talking about some cases of water.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I carry a half-ton of pellets for my pellet stove in my GEN1 just about monthly during the cold months, and the trip from the store to the house is 20 miles. Never a problem. The more you put in front of the rear axle the better it handles and rides.

OP
OP
xrocket21

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had read some discussion about how much the truck squats, and I just wanted to post a pic for reference with a known amount of weight.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How many people really transport anything in the bed of their Raptor? I would bet that more than half barely put anything more than an ice chest or toolbox in the back.

Seriously, first guy to comment was all "YOU PUT TOO MUCH STUFF IN IT" when you were just talking about some cases of water.

I use my bed. I have line-x premium now though.

2NPap1d.jpg

guernsej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you where at least 100lbs over your payload rating then, no shit it handled like crap.

FfJ1v2Q.png

Ford's advertised payload accounts for a 150lb driver (see below), so max payload for a base SCREW including the driver is actually 1350lb minus options (if you don't believe me, subtract the curb weight from the GVWR and see what you get). He's probably still over, but useful information nonetheless.

http://www.ford.com/services/assets/Brochure?make=Ford&model=F-150&year=2017

Payload Notes: Maximum capabilities shown are for properly equipped vehicles with required equipment and a 150-lb. driver. Weight of additional options, equipment, passengers and cargo must be deducted from this weight. For additional information, see your Ford Dealer.

Last edited:

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
LOL - How many 150lb Raptor drivers are there? Like 4????

I heard a statistic that the average american WOMAN weighs 165lbs now. So I'd venture to guess 4 is probably close and that they are all below average weight women.

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not as much as the OP, but had about 800lbs of concrete in the bed and it was right up against the tailgate. Definitely squatting hard, but didn't notice it too much until I hit a series of bumps in Baja mode at 80mph. That auger is never gunna be the same though.

Attachments

• IMG_0692.jpg
    IMG_0692.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 122