@ the Ford Dealer for recall and a repair.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So taking the advice of my neighbour who is my mechanic ( he owns a local shop) . I brought my car in to Ford for a oil change. He also said to ask them to check my inner left tie rod. The reason he recommends that ford does my oil changes is to make sure they have a record of the vehicle in case of any major warranty claims that could be made in the futur. For those interested i have installed a pedal commander , a new full race inter cooler with Bov , borla atak muffler and and full race cold air intake. I flasshed back to the original ford tune before bringing it in.

They did the oil change and mentioned nothing about my mods. The mechanic even askes me if i knew how to change my filters in the cold air intake because he isnt allowed to do it. I said yes i do. I also had a recall for the rivet for the rear seat belt. They had to intall the rivet it took about an hour. As for the tie rod , they also changed that and said the right side is starting to go as well.

So in conclusion
-No mention of my mods or the pedal commander
- oil change is way too expensive lol
-tie rods are weak
-Recall for the seat belt takes an hour to complete
-full inspection included with oil change and i watch the mechanic really be thourough.

Final though i am aware that if i had come in for a engine problem they may have mentioned my mods. That is why i have kept the original parts and if ever i need to do a claim i would swap those parts back.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good list.

Had my oil changed, tire rotation and an alignment (due to perch collar install) $110 total. Thought that was a good price.

OP
OP
Sungod661

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess its cause i am comparing it with my 35$ oil change at my neighbours shop.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
what is super funny is, my ford dealer's alignment rack isn't wide enough for a raptor. Probably not even a stock one.

My truck on 37s with Icon wheels had a solid 4 inches of tire on either side hanging off the sides of the rack when they tried. I also went to an NTB and a goodyear shop.

I finally just had to go to a heavy truck shop to get it done and was in and out in 30 mins. Heading in tomorrow for the transmission linkage recall.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
What was wrong with the tierod? That's the first one I've seen. Do you Offroad it hard or dips?

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford oil changes (semi-synthetic) are $39 with tire rotation and inspection at every Ford dealer around me. Think thats pretty cheap.

In no way are oil changes at a Ford dealer needed, necessary or even helpful if you need a warranty claim.

Seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So in conclusion
-No mention of my mods or the pedal commander
- oil change is way too expensive lol
-tie rods are weak
-Recall for the seat belt takes an hour to complete
-full inspection included with oil change and i watch the mechanic really be thourough.

Curious at the cost of the oil change. Synthetic correct?

I'm taking mine in today or tomorrow and will get the recommended synthetic oil. I paid extra when I purchased it for the dealers VIP program which allows free oil changes, tire rotations, yearly inspections etc for 7 years. I expect to keep it for at least 7 years so just not having to do the oil and tire rotation made the price worth it for me. I think I can get up to 5 oil changes a year though I drive it as a 2nd vehicle I expect to use only one or two a year. Think I have to pay $4 extra a quart for synthetic.

Also having the recall for the shifter? checked.

Took off my Pedal Commander. I could hide it but not taking a chance.

OP
OP
Sungod661

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s not what i said, i said my neighbour a mechanic who has dealt with Ford for over 30 years said because of my mods to make sure they have some record of my vehicle. Obviously if i show up with a engine claim and they have never seen the vehixle or know me they may buck at a claim. Wether they do or not i will take his advice and go from there. For the small over charge for an oil change i will put the odds in my favor.

Also i am in Canada which may explain 80$ for a oil change

Last edited:

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s not what i said, i said my neighbour a mechanic who has dealt with Ford for over 30 years said because of my mods to make sure they have some record of my vehicle. Obviously if i show up with a engine claim and they have never seen the vehixle or know me they may buck at a claim. Wether they do or not i will take his advice and go from there. For the small over charge for an oil change i will put the odds in my favor.

Also i am in Canada which may explain 80$ for a oil change

Why did your tie rod go out? How many miles? Lots of offroading? What's your wheel/tire/lift setup?