The $5 Tailgate Applique Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeXualAVENGER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice work OP. This is great that you don't need to remove the badges when using plastidip.

One idea, rustoleum makes a pastidip variety too, and offer it in clear as well. Ive done a few coats of their black, then coat or two in clear to give more a gloss look vs the matte. Sadly seems you need to recoat it every few months to keep the gloss.

If your medical skills are half as good as your knifeless tape skills your ER visitors are in good hands :winner_first_h4h:

Ditto, and doing the lower angled edge gives it more dimension. Opted to not re-apply the badging for cleaner look

370D970C-ED43-455B-A4FD-FA35F4AAB8F2_zpsgv0iqvcu.jpg

I've been considering ditching medicine for a career in vinyl work, but my wife says otherwise. I like the color contrast of the appliqué but it's a little much for me with the big "FORD". I'll be applying another vinyl cover over the ford oval once I get it from rappy graphics. I really like the look of my tailgate with the vinyl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best thing to do is trade it with someone who has the same color as you.

cmacclel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a few matte black tailgate blackout's on Ebay I was going to order one but am lazy don't want to remove and re-apply the lettering. Though than naked one looks good I may re-consider :)

OP
OP
ChevyChad

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what's the process if you get a truck and it don't want the applique? Is it removable?

Not really.. its a whole different tailgate. If you have LB and are in the southeast, your best bet is to contact me so we can trade Ill even buy ya lunch

Johngm45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great.! I would buy painted ford oval from Sandmaan on Etsy. New ford part and his paint skills are as good as it gets. He offers a # of colors for 74 bucks delivered.