Winter and Summer Tire setups?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daveypetey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many of you guys have a winter and summer tire setup? I sold my Scab with 37 K02s and the 14 Roush Screw I picked up has brand spanking new 35" K02s with stock wheels on it. I am in Utah so we have full winters and then full desert summers that my truck will see a lot of. Am going to pick up a set of Black Rhino Barstow wheels, and the KO2s do incredible in the deep snow, so thought I might just get a dedicated summer DOT legal desert tire for my new wheels. Any opinions on what to run? Was thinking original pattern grabbers vs x3??? No mud here though. Any input or ideas/education would be greatly appreciated.

DP

Zeke555

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Last winter I got a set of studded Nokian tires for winter and just got Grabber X3s for summer. The X3 are great in rain, sand, mud and gravel so far. I had the KO2 for 2 1/2 years as a year round tire but after lots of runs on them, they were pretty much done.

Zeke555

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wheels

Can I ask why you decided to stick with 35s?

I stayed with 35s as I have stock fenders/bedsides and run Methods with zero offset. I did not want to damage anything off-roading. I also have heard from some that they re-gear the rear end when they go to 37" and did not want to do that. Maybe one day when I get Boatec fenders/bedsides and take care of the pinch welds I will got to 37s. That will probably be the same time I win the lotto too. LOL.

Uncas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many of you guys have a winter and summer tire setup? I sold my Scab with 37 K02s and the 14 Roush Screw I picked up has brand spanking new 35" K02s with stock wheels on it. I am in Utah so we have full winters and then full desert summers that my truck will see a lot of. Am going to pick up a set of Black Rhino Barstow wheels, and the KO2s do incredible in the deep snow, so thought I might just get a dedicated summer DOT legal desert tire for my new wheels. Any opinions on what to run? Was thinking original pattern grabbers vs x3??? No mud here though. Any input or ideas/education would be greatly appreciated.

DP

Was thinking about the Barstow on Trail Grapplers for my 18 Magnetic, Any Picks of your set-up?

OP
OP
D

daveypetey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was thinking about the Barstow on Trail Grapplers for my 18 Magnetic, Any Picks of your set-up?

Didn't go with the Barstows as the published load rating was waaaay off. On the list for some 17" Venom Rex in Graphite at the moment to put under the Race Package I just ordered from SVC.