Will Method 0mm offset wheels rub?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PCDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, brand new to getting a new Black Raptor in a few weeks, but not new to understanding wheel offset issues. It seems the Methods are a popular wheel but in the same size wheel as the raptor stock wheel (17x8.5) the Method offset is 0mm, while the stock wheel is +34mm. Thats 1.3 inches further out with the Method!. Now Ford had good reason for going with a +34mm offset wheel - for tire clearance and a hubcentric weight bearing wheel.

Seems like a lot of guys in here just want to stuff the biggest tire they can on their truck for looks, and thats cool if that you, but I will be stuffing my tires deep in the wheel wells articulating in the rocks in Moab. So, my question for those that actually KNOW is, will a stock size tire (say 35x12.5) rub with a 0mm offset whee, at mid-perch? I think probably so .. I was hoping to use the stock tires first but with only a 0mm option in the 17x8.5 I might just go with the 18" wheel that has a +18 and a +25mm option.

Thanks in advance and if there are any other suggestions for another good off road wheels (with the proper offset) let me know. Also any opinions on the Ford Racing bead-lock wheel .. I think it looks pretty good and it comes with the stock +34mm offset.

thnaks - D

Last edited:
OP
OP
PCDan

PCDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 0 offset method standards and stock tires with no rubbing issues on or off road.

On mid perch

Just checking, but are you sure they are 0mm offset? ... I only ask because the Method Standards come in a narrower wheel 7.5 that has a +25mm offset, which would obviously not rub at all. The 8.5 wheel only comes in 0mm offset for some reason.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've run both stock 35's and toyo 37's on my methods and of course I rubbed on 37's but never had any issues with the stock tires rubbing but my information is kind of invalid since I've been on top perch the whole time.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Method nv's with 35" grabbers. They rub on the pdp mudflaps. I'm slightly below mid perch.

Pretty sure it will be ok being at mid perch or higher

Biggest

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all, brand new to getting a new Black Raptor in a few weeks, but not new to understanding wheel offset issues. It seems the Methods are a popular wheel but in the same size wheel as the raptor stock wheel (17x8.5) the Method offset is 0mm, while the stock wheel is +34mm. Thats 1.3 inches further out with the Method!. Now Ford had good reason for going with a +34mm offset wheel - for tire clearance and a hubcentric weight bearing wheel.

Seems like a lot of guys in here just want to stuff the biggest tire they can on their truck for looks, and thats cool if that you, but I will be stuffing my tires deep in the wheel wells articulating in the rocks in Moab. So, my question for those that actually KNOW is, will a stock size tire (say 35x12.5) rub with a 0mm offset whee, at mid-perch? I think probably so .. I was hoping to use the stock tires first but with only a 0mm option in the 17x8.5 I might just go with the 18" wheel that has a +18 and a +25mm option.

Thanks in advance and if there are any other suggestions for another good off road wheels (with the proper offset) let me know. Also any opinions on the Ford Racing bead-lock wheel .. I think it looks pretty good and it comes with the stock +34mm offset.

thnaks - D

you could always spring for the Fabtec 4" lift! lol