Who makes the meanest looking beadlock wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6cuda6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who makes the meanest looking beadlock wheels for the Raptor?
Post a pic if you have it....been toying with the idea of changing up my wheels but not sure if I'm willing to part with the cash for the same old that everyone has....

mikehoncho88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Walker Evans makes a nice beadlock that fits but it is not DOT approved.

Method's Beadlock is also not DOT approved.

Hutchinson makes DOT beadlocks, but not in a size that fits the F150.

I think the OEM is probably the best beadlock out there for the truck. it fits and is DOT approved. At least in the non-beadlock configuration.

OP
OP

6cuda6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hummmmm DOT verse none DOT....does it matter in the real world if you don't have to have an annual inspection? :)

mikehoncho88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DOT vs. Non DOT wheels is a big can of worms to open up. I have seen plenty of guys run them with no problems. I would say a forged beadlock wheel is probably plenty safe, but it's strictly "at your own risk".

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hummmmm DOT verse none DOT....does it matter in the real world if you don't have to have an annual inspection? :)

I am with Joe. I doubt you will find one that knows the difference. Kinda like knowing the difference on aftermarket bumpers for a liability issue.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's a legal thing. If you loose a ring and it kills someone and they attorney find's non DOT spec parts, then its a can of worms.

Otherwise a bead lock if properly maintained is any less safe than a standard wheel.

Most bead locks are forged also.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Can't see losing a ring in the first place. Serious neglect on the owner if that would happen. But even if so, can't be any worse than seeing a hub cap spin off to the side of the road.

But nevertheless, it is at your own risk. Will anything happen? most likely not, but the question you have to ask yourself is if your ready to take responsibility if something does.

I personally run beadlocks on my street legal buggy...

OP
OP

6cuda6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't see losing a ring in the first place. Serious neglect on the owner if that would happen. But even if so, can't be any worse than seeing a hub cap spin off to the side of the road.

But nevertheless, it is at your own risk. Will anything happen? most likely not, but the question you have to ask yourself is if your ready to take responsibility if something does.

I personally run beadlocks on my street legal buggy...

I agree here...if properly maintained it's really a none issue....

Back to the program...post up your suggestions folks!