Wheels and Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got 20" on my SD F250 and it looks good, but made the ride rougher certainly. On the raptor I'd stick with 17" to give more room to compress the tire, even fully aired up. This can happen on many roadway items too... Curbs, potholes, timber from flatbeds, alternator (I've hit one), etc. Just more food for thought.

First time I've heard of someone hitting an alternator. I guess the only thing worse is having your alternator fall off while you're driving down the street. Lol.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First time I've heard of someone hitting an alternator. I guess the only thing worse is having your alternator fall off while you're driving down the street. Lol.

You will struggle to hit the alternator on the raptor as its bolted to the top of the block. I don't think we have to worry about that too much.

boarder1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alternator came off a vehicle coming towards me and nothing I could do. Was in my sedan and it bent the wheel...all the way across the barrel of the wheel, inside lip and outside lip. Pretty substantial. Odd thing was, the tire held air! I went back later and stopped to find the large item... Alternator was sitting at the side of the road - I took it. Don't know what happened to that other vehicle, but they didn't get their alternator back!