Wheel Spacers, are you with or against?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TamerSaad

Reaction score
Gents, just got my beast last week, just added the berliner and tinted the windows to prepare for desert summer, and starting to think about real mods :rotflmao:
My questions to you Raptor gurus are: :deal:
  1. are you with or against spacers?
  2. is it true they can wear off the suspension faster?
  3. can you put them AND get bigger wheels
  4. would they cancel my warranty at Ford if i install them?
  5. do they install them at Ford?
  6. what is the biggest size of wheels possible without lifting the car at all?

Thanks in Advance
    Tamer

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
Depends on how big your going, I was forced to run a 1/4 spacer on my Titan so that I could clear the brakes without an issue for 5 years and I doubt the new owners had an issue either.

IMO if it's a small billit spacer I say go for it

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Spacers are a bad idea simply because of the physics involved... As you move out the spacer acts as a lever against the wheel bearings. The farther out you go the worse it gets. I know whats 1/4 inch among friends but it matters a great deal, more than you realize. Just think with a big enough lever, anyone can move the earth...

Ramrodthrusterpuppy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spacers are used in many racing applications without detriment. Like anything else, it comes down to a quality part and correct application/installation. Buy a cheap set of 1 1/2" spacers off ebay and install them using the existing studs, then expect similar results as shown in the pic above.

Personally, I'm thinking of getting a 10 - 15 mm set to give just a little more stance with the OEM beadlocks. I plan on using a high quality spacer with extended hardened steel studs....really not worried about it.

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For everyday use and off road use, no way.

However with saying that, it's a much cheaper way of giving yourself cheap spares for when you are out off roading. I have Methods with 0 backspacing on my truck. I did not order a 5th wheel for a spare. What I did is bought 2 of the 1.5" spacers that allowed me to use a stock wheel as a spare up front. I actually use 2 stock wheels and tires for spares when needed. This is only for use up front where I have the RPG UCA's and 1.5" joint. With this setup I have to have the 0 backspacing. The stock wheel is 1.5" closer to the inside of the truck. So with the 1.5" spacer it matches what the method wheel is normally. Of course you should adjust your driving limits once one of these is on the truck so you don't break one. The other option is to move one of the 0 offset wheels from the back to the front and put the stock spare in the back. It's a good cheap alternative to buying expensive wheels that will probably just sit in the spare position of the truck most of the time. $80 vs. $500 seems to be a no brainer to me.

banman12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wuh oh, Ive been running these spacers for a week:

Ford F150 6 X 135 - 14mm X 2 Stud/Nut

seem like a quality part, but damn!

I run the same ones as you and have had them on for about 2 months with no issues at all. If you torque them correctly, as well as check them after 50 miles, you should be good to go. Like I have said before, I use the 1.5" on my stock wheels for my winter setup. I don't do any real offroading during the winter months just normal driving. My summer setup is Method/Toyo.