Wheel Poll

Which 20" wheels to put on my deep matte black wrapped Raptor?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why does it seem like only methods are the only wheels other raptor owners will "ALLOW" other raptor owners to put on their truck without any ball-busting?? Methods are good looking wheels, NOT GREAT, they are like buttholes and elbows seems like everyone has them. I say do what ever your taste are and put whatever wheels on them you want, your truck, your taste

I'm with you that everyone should be able to do whatever they want. I think Methods have the reputation they do though because all their wheels still maintain the toughness and performance of the truck. Certain wheels (in my opinion) deminish the stout and mean look of the truck as well as the performance. But like you say, it's your truck, do what you want.

You are going down the right path looking at the Methods (in my opinion) @seekndestroy. Might I suggest shrinking those wheels down to 17's or even 18's would be a good balance between. Got to keep some good rubber on these trucks for both looks and performance (in my opinion). Take it for what it's worth and do what you want. Might I suggest looking at the other styles that Method offers too, they have a lot of good wheel designs and keep the integrity of the truck. Good luck and have fun with your decision!

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

Methods are good looking wheels, NOT GREAT

By the way: it's not ALL about the LOOKS of the wheel, these trucks are made to perform. If all you want is looks...then I see why you don't get it

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

I agree, its your truck, do whatever you want. But when you go on a public Internet forum that reaches all over the globe and ask guys what they think, as what the OP did, then you need to be able to put on your flame suit and roll with the punches, take it or leave it. We are all just posting what we think as the OP asked.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Sinraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the way: it's not ALL about the LOOKS of the wheel, these trucks are made to perform. If all you want is looks...then I see why you don't get it

Yes its not all about looks but thats why we customize these trucks to the way we want: light bars, tires, suspension etc. So if thats the case we all do the same exact thing because of the performance and not what we like. I do get it but sometimes you have to go with what everyone likes and thinks looks good and not what performs the best. What if the best performance wheels for this truck was 13 inch pink and purple flower wheels..would you over look the looks of it just because it performs better???

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Yes its not all about looks but thats why we customize these trucks to the way we want: light bars, tires, suspension etc. So if thats the case we all do the same exact thing because of the performance and not what we like. I do get it but sometimes you have to go with what everyone likes and thinks looks good and not what performs the best. What if the best performance wheels for this truck was 13 inch pink and purple flower wheels..would you over look the looks of it just because it performs better???

Yes, and then paint them another color.

Sinraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nothing like we said before, its whatever the owner likes, hey maybe they will do great in the dirt..someone should try and get method to make some and have them perform outstanding and see how many people uses them, Id like to see that haha

OP
OP
seekndestroy

seekndestroy

Reaction score
I'm with you that everyone should be able to do whatever they want. I think Methods have the reputation they do though because all their wheels still maintain the toughness and performance of the truck. Certain wheels (in my opinion) deminish the stout and mean look of the truck as well as the performance. But like you say, it's your truck, do what you want.

You are going down the right path looking at the Methods (in my opinion) @seekndestroy. Might I suggest shrinking those wheels down to 17's or even 18's would be a good balance between. Got to keep some good rubber on these trucks for both looks and performance (in my opinion). Take it for what it's worth and do what you want. Might I suggest looking at the other styles that Method offers too, they have a lot of good wheel designs and keep the integrity of the truck. Good luck and have fun with your decision!

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

No, I definitely want performance and looks. I'll more than likely drop to 18's. Thanks for the input.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Notice that all your examples of mods were performance based??? Thats what all major mods to this truck should be based on...get it? Wheels should be the same way...of course I want to like the looks of anything that I do (thats where the personalization comes) BUT the priority of these mods should be performance based. Thats my opinion and pretty sure the opinion of most on here. If your opinion is different, than great, its your truck and your money, your decision.

Like @RDFTS said above...if someone ask for opinions on here, they are going to get the opinions of people on here. Thats what I personally like about this forum. People are respectful, but will help guide you. I agree that not just one manufacturer (such as Methods) are the ONLY way to go or even 17's over 20's...but people are going to give you their opinion. I for one appreciate it.

@seekndestroy...glad to hear that we helped you out with your decision. Again, do what you want but we are trying to help you weigh out all your options. Good Luck Bud.

Last edited:

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why does it seem like only methods are the only wheels other raptor owners will "ALLOW" other raptor owners to put on their truck without any ball-busting?? Methods are good looking wheels, NOT GREAT, they are like buttholes and elbows seems like everyone has them. I say do what ever your taste are and put whatever wheels on them you want, your truck, your taste

Because a lot of the other wheels are straight up bro truck wheels and are pretty gay IMO. Method is involved in racing and has much better designs, sizes and offsets for our trucks. When people talk about 20" wheels for our truck I think stupid immediately. Your truck, your money, spend it how you want. Doesn't mean I have to agree with it. Street Queens give Raptor owners bad names, just saying.