Wheel balancing weights on new wheels ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FITZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just got my Method NV's mounted up yesterday and besides the shop hitting the rims with there socket and scuffing every rim at least twice they also used some new looking light grey wheel balancing weights that stick out like a sore thumb on the all black NV's. I mean there almost white. Am I being too ****? Cuz its driving me crazy. Or should I just walk away and go else where?

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had poor results with beads. They were great on smooth roads but in Chicago those don't exist, every expansion joint the beads went out of balance and by the time we balanced out there was another pot hole or heave in the road. It wasn't constant death wobble about 45 mph

gDMJoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me that Goodyear owes you for new rims or to have the damaged ones refurbished (your choice).

As for weights ... Stick-on and NONE on the outside.

OP
OP
F

FITZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These where stick ons but the bill says they are steel. So I'm guessing that's whey there coated in the light grey plastic and whey it took so many. I would assume if they where the lead stick on ones it wouldn't need as many