What wheels to get......?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, posted this as an addendum to a lighting forum post, but maybe you all can help us...2014 Raptor Ingot Silver

The Wife and I are going back and forth on wheels. This is OT, but the Silver, although we love it, is throwing us off. A Black Raptor would make wheel selection so much easier. Not looking for ridiculous, but something classy, yet rugged. Thought about the Rockstar 2's, but have those on a Jeep we own. Looked at hundreds of wheels, and yet, still undecided. One we like is the Fuel Coupler in 20x9, zero offset (or can do 20 offset and still push out wheels closer to fender)... it's deep matte black with a tinted machined spoke, and the tinted machine matches damn near close to the fender moldings. Might be too open of a wheel. I will post this in the wheel section as well, just thought I'd get a little more coverage. LOL.

We've seen all or most of the pics, and while they all look great, I guess we are looking for the perfect wheel. The trophy's and similar aren't doing it for us.

Thanks for the suggestions... any one off's or different ideas?

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love the Method Mesh wheels, you can get them in black and they will accent the Ingot Silver perfect!

OP
OP
W

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This aren't bad. Might not be bad in machined either. My wife seems to tecall a few dealer comments about methods and out of round. Any concurrence?

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As in bent? i have a set of Methods and love them, they balanced out like cake. They are extremely strong wheels, hence there presence in off road racing, so yes i do concur.

OP
OP
W

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As in bent? i have a set of Methods and love them, they balanced out like cake. They are extremely strong wheels, hence there presence in off road racing, so yes i do concur.

Only repeating what we were told. Nice rims. Any other suggestions? There was a similar wheel to the mesh I found I think with more of a triangle cutout with rounded corners. So confused. Lol

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I dont know Method is pretty well known around here and pretty popular, the Fuel series wheels are decent nice wheels. I am just a bit biased to Methods. I associate them with the Raptor because of the whole desert racing lineage, but hey thats just me

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
acd1f61cb906b154231df212328327a5.jpg

Method

OP
OP
W

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at the method NV. Machines or black. The wife isn't digging them. I think she's looking for some pizazz where I'm looking for striking and nice. She's looking more at busier wheels with black and machine combo. I don't think that will go well in the truck. I like the fuel coupler's but has an open wheel so to speak. Thinking somethig more NV like is more proper? The coupler's machining matches the fender flares quite well. As do the trophys and anza's but if I'm going that route would do NV.

Think might wait till November when the new BFG A/T KO2 come out but don't see a 20" that fits. Would like close to a 13" wide A/T QUIET tire.

Last edited: