What offset with 37s with fiberglass?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crashmc302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've been digging through here trying to get an understanding of offset and where all the rubbing is happening. I have been running 37x12.50R17 BFG KO2s with stock wheels (SVT bead locks) and I just installed fiberglass fenders and fender wells. It rubs in the inner front portion of the fender well. It was both sides, but I got one side to stop rubbing. Unfortunately, pushing the front mounting point over to clear the tire starts to pull the fender well out of the fender. So having it set up to keep the body lines and fender wells inside nice and clean causes rubbing on both sides in the same spot. I'd also like to have the front tires pushed outboard to give a wider stance, so that'll fix the clearance issues.

My predicament is: after all the reading and research, no one explains which direction those wheels go (inboard or outboard). When folks say going to a more negative offset, is the wheel sliding in or out? Closer or further from the frame? I won't rub the fenders of I move it all outboard, I'm just worried about straining the CVs. I just need some layman's terms on the effect of positive and negative offset so I can decide what wheels to run. There's just no real answer to that. Despite tons of folks pitching in, a vast majority are talking about 35s.

Last edited:

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 37" ko2 on my truck, with front fiberglass fenders and liners (glassworks), 17" Method +0 offset wheels. The more negative the offset the further it will stick out. You really don't want to go much lower than +0 on a raptor. Most if not all the 17" methods you see on raptors are +0 offset

Here s how my truck sits with +0 method on a bfg 37 and glass fenders..It is at mid perch with all the pinch welds trimmed down and i dont have any rubbing. Are you at at least mid perch?

38881628912_3010040d6b_b.jpg