what is the best all purpuse tire?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Humvee21

I like your towing mirrors. Was that a tough mod? I have been thinking of changing mine out as well.

I would like to change out my tires for winter. Was looking at something else besides Duratracs.

Mirrors are simple plug and play. Mine has power everything besides power telescope. Is that what you are looking for?

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So far approx 250 miles. These tires handled great in the wet. From a rolling start to about 2/3 throttle did not even spin a tire. From a dead stop to 2/3 throttle the tires squealed very slightly and traction control kicked on for a moment, while my OEM BFG's would have wheel hopped for a good 20-30 yards. I am noticing a more planted feeling in the rain and not nearly as squirmy. Taking corners in the rain was no sweat with these tires. My OEM BFG's would have the rear end kicked out if going into a corner just a tad bit too fast or if weight shifted too quickly. I had 100% confidence in the rear end with these new tires.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far approx 250 miles. These tires handled great in the wet. From a rolling start to about 2/3 throttle did not even spin a tire. From a dead stop to 2/3 throttle the tires squealed very slightly and traction control kicked on for a moment, while my OEM BFG's would have wheel hopped for a good 20-30 yards. I am noticing a more planted feeling in the rain and not nearly as squirmy. Taking corners in the rain was no sweat with these tires. My OEM BFG's would have the rear end kicked out if going into a corner just a tad bit too fast or if weight shifted too quickly. I had 100% confidence in the rear end with these new tires.

Thanks for the follow up.

It's funny you mention the sliding as it was pouring here in MA the last 2 days and I went around an off/on ramp from one highway to the next yesterday, and with my Coopers all of a sudden I was like WTF was that...am I sliding...but then when I (on purpose) tried to power slide in a parking lot later to test...nothing...so maybe b/c of the weight transfer like you mentioned, but man...when it happens...it happens fast...

justuspost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been pushing the DuraTrac's hard in the rain here. I almost can't get them to slip without studs. I also just saw they have a 50,000 mile warranty. That seems like a lot for a snow tire. Not to mention, you can take them mudding whenever you feel like it.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the follow up.

It's funny you mention the sliding as it was pouring here in MA the last 2 days and I went around an off/on ramp from one highway to the next yesterday, and with my Coopers all of a sudden I was like WTF was that...am I sliding...but then when I (on purpose) tried to power slide in a parking lot later to test...nothing...so maybe b/c of the weight transfer like you mentioned, but man...when it happens...it happens fast...

Which Coopers are you running? And are you running them on the Raptor?

I found myself sliding all over in the stock BFG's when it rained which is fine since I was used to driving it that way. But my main issue was the wheel hop and since I don't push my truck hard at all I couldn't justify the new leafs. It seems like these new tires have helped with wheel hop by increasing the wheel hop threshold, so I am pretty pleased with that.

I do miss the big blocky tread of the BFG's for looks, but the Dynapros are actually pretty good looking in person. It's hard to get a good picture of them.