what is the best all purpuse tire?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have been reading very good things about the Hankook Dynapro ATm RF10's. I will be trying a set of these pretty soon. Most reviews have stated to see the tread last upwards of 60k miles... some cases even 80k-90k. Most say ride is great, very little noise, and great in the wet.

Here's a couple reviews:
http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/wheels-tires/131-0903-hankook-toyo-bfgoodrich-all-terrain-tires/
http://www.trucktrend.com/features/gear/163_0710_hankook_dynapro_rf10_all_terrain_tires/

I think it looks pretty good too.
P1020905.jpg

P1020907.jpg

P1020910.jpg

P1020911.jpg

P1020918.jpg

Last edited:

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My brother has close to 90k on his dynapros on a Titan, and a coworker close to 100k on his chevy. They wear like iron.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wear like iron and still ride great? I'm very excited to try these out. Does your brother have any experience using them off road?

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
off road tires are not synonymous with very high mileage. You have to sacrifice one for the other. I'm ecstatic getting 50k out of duratracs.

Razor Ramon

Reaction score
He drives them year round up here in Alberta. He's got his jeep for off road so his truck only sees pavement and bit of gravel and the odd lease road. The guy is hard on the pedal so they haven't been all easy miles. He is very impressed with them.

MTRazz

Reaction score
Had the Dynapro ATm's on my 2013 Fx4. Wonderful tire for the highway, great road manners, wear very well, but as most true AT tires not great in the mud... Also they were designed off of their winter tire and are therefore a really good tire for winter driving. Probably the best tire I have had on slick highways and ice that is not an all-out winter tire!

Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced my stock BFG's with Duratracks and noticed slightly higher road noise, but they are better wet pavement. Would contemplate swapping these in two years for the new BFG AT's, depending on reports from next winter. I'd like to have two full sets of tires and rims.

Last edited:

truckarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would recommend the Duratrac. Good traction in the mud and snow. They are not too noisy on the highway.