water staying in methods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try it with Fuel trophys...theres enough for a drink of water on a hot day..

I leave rags tucked in each rim over night on the nights i wash it and then wipe down the water marks the next morning....

no way to avoid it, you can only wipe it clean after it dries...

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
drives me nuts, but not much you can do about it. I use a cordless leaf blower (18v Ryobi or 18v Makita) when I wash the truck to blast the water out. But puddles or rain it gets in there, the dirt sits at the bottom, evaporates and leaves nice dirt "stains" all around the inside ring. I hate it lol

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
drives me nuts, but not much you can do about it. I use a cordless leaf blower (18v Ryobi or 18v Makita) when I wash the truck to blast the water out. But puddles or rain it gets in there, the dirt sits at the bottom, evaporates and leaves nice dirt "stains" all around the inside ring. I hate it lol

You mean like skid marks

Boricuaevo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happens all the time after I wash my truck. Once I dry my truck from the self serve car wash to my house, I'll just finish drying the wheels with paper towels and that solves it.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
I have found a fix for this...

Drills some ³/16" holes into the rim. The water will then drain and/or blast out depending on current tire pressure.

:ROFLJest:
** Disclaimer... Do not do this, I'm not responsible.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
black caulk may solve it too (try this before Joseph's method...)

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happens all the time after I wash my truck. Once I dry my truck from the self serve car wash to my house, I'll just finish drying the wheels with paper towels and that solves it.

I do basically the same thing. I wash it at the self serve wash by my house. Dry the truck but leave the wheels alone until I get home (about a 5 mile drive). When I get home I usually windex the windows and then spray the wheels down with windex too and wipe them down. Never see water around the edges after that.

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be worse, you could have a flange double the size like my new BMF Pro Series Wheels. With a pump, I can wash the truck with the amount of water collected. And they say Raptor owners don't care about the environment

Attachments

• BMF DRT.jpg
    BMF DRT.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 189
  • BMF DRT 2.jpg
    BMF DRT 2.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 167

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Methods do the same thing. If it bothered me, I would probably put a few rubber foot pads in the groove to disrupt the centrifugal force.

I'd go with something as tall as the lip and less "round", but this will give you the idea...basically water speed bumps.
ux_a13111500ux1440_ux_g03.jpg

Last edited: