Want new wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

Sedator13

Reaction score
Stingray,
Check the visitors messages in your profile. I have listed the information you requested there... I hope it helps...

I'm relatively new at navigating the forum. I checked my visitor messages in my profile and it was empty, although there is a good chance I'm not looking in the right place. Thank you

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

I'm running Pro Comp Series 1079 Polished Alloy Wheels with a -19 off set with Pro Comp 35x12.50R-17 Radial Xtreme AT Tires. At mid perch there is no rub however like another poster mentioned here, this set up will kick a lot of dirt/water splash making cleaning a chore. The stance is aggressive (about an inch further out than stock). I recently removed them though and put my stock set up back on after I plasti dipped them black and really like the look, not to mention the reduced road noise while driving on the BFG's.

I would recommend that you think about it before pulling the trigger or if possible ride with someone that is running M/T's, it really is a lot nicer with the stock BFG's. The 35's aren't that much different in size so either way should work for you if you are on mid perch, it will just be a question of availability in size from the tire/manufacture that you select.

There is a lot of good info on tires out there (so far I think the R/T's might be a good compromise as they are more aggressive than the A/T's and less than the M/T's), so do some leg work and you will more than likely be happier with the choice you make.

Good luck!

Thank you for the advice. I think I have settled on 35 x 12.5, R-17 with a -12 offset. I've ordered my wheels but not my tires. I like the look of the Toyo Open Country MT, but will take your advice and check out the the ride before I decide on the MT or AT. As far as the offset I'm going to keep my stock wheels in case the offset drives me crazy throwing stuff on my truck. I thank everyone for all the advice

cascon

Reaction score
I'm relatively new at navigating the forum. I checked my visitor messages in my profile and it was empty, although there is a good chance I'm not looking in the right place. Thank you

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

Thank you for the advice. I think I have settled on 35 x 12.5, R-17 with a -12 offset. I've ordered my wheels but not my tires. I like the look of the Toyo Open Country MT, but will take your advice and check out the the ride before I decide on the MT or AT. As far as the offset I'm going to keep my stock wheels in case the offset drives me crazy throwing stuff on my truck. I thank everyone for all the advice

It's nice that you have decided on a wheel but also keep this in mind... "35 x 12.5, R-17" is actually a "Tire" size and not a wheel size. R-17 means that the tire is 17 inches and fits on 17 inch wheels. Both a 35" and a 315 tires will fit a R-17 wheel. However you have to make sure that the tire that you select will work on the wheel that you have selected as all 17" tires will not necessarily fit all 17' wheels. You have to make sure that the wheel width and tire width are compatible. This is especially true when you are running "true" bead lock wheels. The new tires will give you a range of wheel width sizes that the tire can be mounted on, usually 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5 or 11 inch wheel widths. Check compatibility BEFORE you buy!!!

Last edited: