Want new wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sedator13

Reaction score
It's time to get new tires so want new wheels in the process. I have a 2013 terrain Raptor with a leveling kit. I do not go Offroad. I'm looking for a more aggressive look/stance. What is the farthest I can go offset wise without rubbing? I'm looking at keeping the 17x9 wheel. People at the local 4 wheel shops have suggested anywhere from a +18 to a -12 offset. How far can I pull my wheels out without rubbing my fenders? Also also should I stick with the 315/70/R17 that are on there or can I go bigger?
Thank you for any advice

DezertRacer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would run the 0 offset . A
nything more you will be throwing stuff up on the sides of the truck while driving and to far just didn't look right IMO

jdruzik

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fuel Trophy D551 17"wheels with BF Goodrich T/A KO2s give this stance...

PICT0015_zpsxjv8hshj.jpg

PICT0013_zpskp1bgdce.jpg

PICT0004_zpsu7sf7tmm.jpg

These 35" tires do not rub. The are about an inch wider than the stock tires and wheels...

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fuel Trophy D551 17"wheels with BF Goodrich T/A KO2s give this stance...

PICT0015_zpsxjv8hshj.jpg

PICT0013_zpskp1bgdce.jpg

PICT0004_zpsu7sf7tmm.jpg

These 35" tires do not rub. The are about an inch wider than the stock tires and wheels...

I love that combo you have. I am looking to do wheels and tires come spring time and am looking at all combinations. Would you mind sharing the cost of that exact combo? You can PM me if you like.

jdruzik

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's time to get new tires so want new wheels in the process. I have a 2013 terrain Raptor with a leveling kit. I do not go Offroad. I'm looking for a more aggressive look/stance. What is the farthest I can go offset wise without rubbing? I'm looking at keeping the 17x9 wheel. People at the local 4 wheel shops have suggested anywhere from a +18 to a -12 offset. How far can I pull my wheels out without rubbing my fenders? Also also should I stick with the 315/70/R17 that are on there or can I go bigger?
Thank you for any advice

Stingray,
Check the visitors messages in your profile. I have listed the information you requested there... I hope it helps...

cascon

Reaction score
I'm running Pro Comp Series 1079 Polished Alloy Wheels with a -19 off set with Pro Comp 35x12.50R-17 Radial Xtreme AT Tires. At mid perch there is no rub however like another poster mentioned here, this set up will kick a lot of dirt/water splash making cleaning a chore. The stance is aggressive (about an inch further out than stock). I recently removed them though and put my stock set up back on after I plasti dipped them black and really like the look, not to mention the reduced road noise while driving on the BFG's.

I would recommend that you think about it before pulling the trigger or if possible ride with someone that is running M/T's, it really is a lot nicer with the stock BFG's. The 35's aren't that much different in size so either way should work for you if you are on mid perch, it will just be a question of availability in size from the tire/manufacture that you select.

There is a lot of good info on tires out there (so far I think the R/T's might be a good compromise as they are more aggressive than the A/T's and less than the M/T's), so do some leg work and you will more than likely be happier with the choice you make.

Good luck!