Vibration...Method double standard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get hub rings installed in your current wheels and try that first. bet you are amazed.

Nearly impossible to find 94 to 87.1 rings....I've been searching. What do I do for center caps then? Vince's caps won't fit anymore, correct?

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nearly impossible to find 94 to 87.1 rings....I've been searching. What do I do for center caps then? Vince's caps won't fit anymore, correct?

I don't know about center caps. I had Weld Racing wheels turned on a lathe to accept rings. Cost $50 a wheel for the lathe work and the rings installed.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
UPDATE: not out of balance.

I'm wondering if my shocks may be in need of rebuilding...
jack up one wheel at a time, put something close to the outside of the tire to act as an indicator spin the wheel and note the distance. if it varies significantly then either the tire is out of round or the problem is in the lug centric rims (hub centric will always be true)
to verify rim or tire, put your indicator at the rim bead and repeat

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

engine45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered a set of caps from chiefmachining.com. The inside of the black blank caps are to be 87.1mm to act as a hub centric ring. I’ll report my findings after installing them. I’m gonna go get a wheel balance too after I install the caps if needed.

CloudK1LL

Reaction score
Ordered a set of caps from chiefmachining.com. The inside of the black blank caps are to be 87.1mm to act as a hub centric ring. I’ll report my findings after installing them. I’m gonna go get a wheel balance too after I install the caps if needed.

Any update on those center caps centering the wheel on the hub?

CloudK1LL

Reaction score
Still waiting for delivery. But once I get them I’m gonna put them on and test them out and then get all my wheels balanced.

Roger that. Thanks for replying. If this works, I'm definitely going this route.

I've had two different sets Methods on my last two trucks (Tundra and Tacoma) and they vibrated on both trucks. Never could get them balanced.

engine45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roger that. Thanks for replying. If this works, I'm definitely going this route.

I've had two different sets Methods on my last two trucks (Tundra and Tacoma) and they vibrated on both trucks. Never could get them balanced.

Yeah once I found out about them being lug centric. I figured that’s what was wrong. I thought my tires were out of round but nah. It’s the methods. If this doesn’t help or get me close to what I’m wanting there will be a old set of double standards for sale cheap. Now why in the hell doesn’t method just make hub centric rings to go with their wheels ?

engine45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. My hub centric caps are on. USPS took forever to deliver them. Did a criss-cross wheel rotation when I installed them. My front tires were wearing funky. Looks like a lil cupping. Rears are wearing just fine. During install the caps made remounting easier. No binding of the lugs like before. Hence the hub centric cap. Did a air pressure check and balanced them out the way I wanted. 38psi fronts and 36psi in the rears. Haven’t got a chance to get my tires rebalanced yet.

Now my ride home from my shift.
I can tell the difference. Front steering was way better , no vibration from the wheels or in my steering wheel. Front tracked nice in straight on the highway 80mph. Rears not too bad. Didn’t have the womp womp feeling if you can understand what I’m trying to imply. I think a new set of tires would make the old methods ride perfect. At least to me. My rears have some crappy wear on them. Hopefully I can get the tread to flatten out some. I wish I had these caps from the start. I’ve had this set of tires over 3 years . Not gonna buy procomps again. Ever. One thing I did was to transfer my rubber o-ring from my method caps over to my Chief caps. Figured why not and it wouldn’t hurt nothing.

I’d like to thank Chiefmachining LLc for making them. Dilly Dilly !