This truck is awesome!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
22 months, 46,560 miles and no problems.....this truck is awesome! Just completed a four day, 3000 mile road trip from Austin to San Diego to Dallas and back to Austin without a hitch. I did witness something that I can't quite explain.

We averaged 80 mph during the 17 hour drive to San Diego, only stopping for gas. Towards the end of the day we noticed that the front wheel liners were significantly rubbing when we made a hard turn at each gas station. No problem, had read that these things happen. What is strange is that now that I am home, without making any changes, the rubbing has completely gone away.

Could it be a case of liners and/or the tires heating up and expanding?

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It could be.. Maybe the heat from the engine and the tires made the plastic
Liners real soft and made them sag a little to where they would rub. I've never had that happen and I've driven from fort hood tx to long beach about 4 times and never noticed this happening. Interesting to see what you find out though!

JimT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing on my drive from Ky to Ok. I drove between 70-85 mph and when I got home the passenger side tire would rub the liner lower inner corner. Once cool it went back into shape and no more rub.