TPMS swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All,

I have tried searching for this specific solution but didn't find anything conclusive.

I am swapping to Method NV's from 2013 OEM's tomorrow. Can I transfer the TPMS to the Method's with no additional hardware? Wheels/tires have 22k on them.

Cheers

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All,

I have tried searching for this specific solution but didn't find anything conclusive.

I am swapping to Method NV's from 2013 OEM's tomorrow. Can I transfer the TPMS to the Method's with no additional hardware? Wheels/tires have 22k on them.

Cheers
yes, they will need to be retrained

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All,

Cheers

I've done that, swap OEM to method NV. The shop charged me "tpms installation kit" on each wheel, which is 6 bucks each.

OP
OP
TheDude

TheDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just finished up at the shop. I didn't want to chance it so I did quite a bit more research on the F-150 forum in conjunction with what other threads on here stated. The TPMS unit has no type of seal or anything but the valve stem is different than non-TPMS stems. I went to Auto Zone this morning and bought 4 stems for 8 bucks.

Some military bases, mine included, have auto hobby shops where you pay for your stall fee and everything else is free provided you know how to do it. The staff assisted me and as I pulled wheels/tires and rolled them over they were already breaking beads and umounting/mounting. Total cost for the day, to include balancing, was $55. Steal compared to paying the $200 that a few other shops wanted. Just takes a bit of sweat equity.

I had trouble finding a central jackpoint for the front so I used two jacks under each control arm. Pics will be up shortly.

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a bad price at all. I had to get a different kind of valve stem with my method standards but I didn't have to retrain the sensors. Never got any dash light, sensors still work fine. May have been because I just did them all one at a time. Where you located at in Florida?

OP
OP
TheDude

TheDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a bad price at all. I had to get a different kind of valve stem with my method standards but I didn't have to retrain the sensors. Never got any dash light, sensors still work fine. May have been because I just did them all one at a time. Where you located at in Florida?

I'm in the Panhandle. I did get a dash light for low pressure but it faded after a few feet around 10 MPH.

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me too have you ever heard of bonifay? That's where I'm from. I've spent a decent amount of time at Panama City beach and Pensacola and it seems like raptors are few and far between around these parts

OP
OP
TheDude

TheDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me too have you ever heard of bonifay? That's where I'm from. I've spent a decent amount of time at Panama City beach and Pensacola and it seems like raptors are few and far between around these parts

I've driven past the area but have not spend much time east of PCB. Between Pensacola and Destin there are quite a few. I don't know of any local meets and have not seen any on the trails in the area so they probably don't off-road.

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've driven past the area but have not spend much time east of PCB. Between Pensacola and Destin there are quite a few. I don't know of any local meets and have not seen any on the trails in the area so they probably don't off-road.

What trails do you go to? I saw where some of the more southern guys are having a trail day sometime soon at the Ocala national forest

OP
OP
TheDude

TheDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What trails do you go to? I saw where some of the more southern guys are having a trail day sometime soon at the Ocala national forest

Eglin Range complex. Tons of area, lots of it closed daily due to military operations but there is still an abundance of fun to be had.