Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Wheels & Tires Forum [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Wheels & Tires Forum [GEN 1]

TPMS Issue

This is a discussion on TPMS Issue within the Ford Raptor Wheels & Tires Forum [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
Thanks for the advise guys. I will take the air down and see what happens. They are larger tires, they ...

User Tag List

Like Tree10Likes

Sponsored By: Texas Motorworx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2015, 02:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the advise guys. I will take the air down and see what happens. They are larger tires, they slightly rubbed at first but once I did the mid-perch then it was all good. I am actually very happy with the stance of the truck now. Looks like it should have came this way.

FvilleRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 02:52 PM   #12 (permalink)

FRF Gofur

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

You'll be surprised how much better it will ride at the lower pressure.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 02:58 PM   #13 (permalink)

aka Rick

Mentioned: 395 Post(s)

My previous truck had BFG KO's and I had to run them at 70psi, per stock specs via Dodge (was a Dodge RAM Megacab) otherwise the TPMS would go on. But they were 10ply tires. Perhaps the OP tires are 10ply then the psi he is running would make more sense.

What is the max psi on the raptor that you can run before the TPMS will go on? I would run it at that psi if I was going to lower them.

2014 RR SE SCREW | #792 of #3396 in RR | #4568 of #22409 Total | My Mods: Click Here
2008 Shelby Mustang GT500 Torch Red Convertible | #58 of #463 in Torch Red | #249 of #2070 Total
Raptor Runs: TRR 14'/15'/16'/17' | Raptoberfest 14'/15'/16'/17' | Time Attack 14' | Snoball 15' | AR Run 15' | TRR Baja 16' | Private Baja Jan 17'
RDFTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 01:11 AM   #14 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

So what's the real story? Had my stock tires put on new NVs and the tire shop said these tires should be running at 34 psi and not the specified 45 psi. Kept getting the TPMS signal of low pressure. Reprogrammed the default on the trucks computer with a programmer and all went away. Problems solved and lower pressure of 34 psi truck runs much smoother. Is this actually correct? Not sure if this was the correct thread for this but figured while we were on the subject of TPMS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
scotty9697 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 07:57 AM   #15 (permalink)

FRF Gofur

Originally Posted by scotty9697 View Post
So what's the real story? Had my stock tires put on new NVs and the tire shop said these tires should be running at 34 psi and not the specified 45 psi. Kept getting the TPMS signal of low pressure. Reprogrammed the default on the trucks computer with a programmer and all went away. Problems solved and lower pressure of 34 psi truck runs much smoother. Is this actually correct? Not sure if this was the correct thread for this but figured while we were on the subject of TPMS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's exactly what they should do. That's exactly what I did with my 37's. Although my TPMS are screwed. The only time that you should run the max air pressure according to the sidewall is when towing or hauling something with some weight to it. For example, on my old Duramax, most of the "E" load range tires I ran had a max pressure of 80psi. I ran them with 50 psi if I knew I wouldn't be hauling for a week or three, but as soon as I hooked the trailer up, the rear tires went to 80psi for max stability and control. I left the front tires at 50psi all the time on that truck.
Old 10-03-2015, 08:24 PM   #16 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
Well now I'm at a loss. I set all of the tires at 45psi and even did a relearn of the system which it said was successful. Now I have drive for about 50 miles and my light is still on. Any more suggestions besides taking to dealer? I guess I might have to do that. Thanks for all your help thus far.
FvilleRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 08:33 PM   #17 (permalink)

FRF Gofur

Yeah, take it in to a dealer, one of the sensors could have been damaged during mounting the tires and causing the fault.

Old 10-03-2015, 09:17 PM   #18 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)

If the re-learn was successful, the warning light would have turned off.

Also, generally a larger tire requires less pressure for the same load.
To find your perfect pressure perform a chalk test.

Last edited by PropDr; 10-03-2015 at 09:26 PM.
PropDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 12:49 AM   #19 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Originally Posted by FvilleRaptor View Post
Well now I'm at a loss. I set all of the tires at 45psi and even did a relearn of the system which it said was successful. Now I have drive for about 50 miles and my light is still on. Any more suggestions besides taking to dealer? I guess I might have to do that. Thanks for all your help thus far.
Are they ford TPMS, or After Market, I used After Market (ORO-TEK) and to set them, you can not use the method in the ford owners manual, but you will still need to have the TPMS tool, Try this method.

Note# To enter Reset Mode, Steps 1-6 MUST be completed within 60 Seconds

1-Place the ignition in OFF position, and keep the key in the ignition.

2-Press and release the brake pedal.

3-Cycle the ignition from OFF to RUN three (3) times ending in the RUN position (DO NOT START) the engine.

4-Press and hold the brake pedal for two (2) seconds, then release.

5-Turn ignition OFF - DO NOT remove key.

6-Cycle the ignition from OFF to RUN three (3) times ending in RUN-DO NOT start engine.

If the reset mode has been entered successfully, the horn will sound once. The TPMS message center will display (TRAIN LEFT FRONT TIRE). A double horn chirp indicates you need to repete the process.

7- Place the trigger tool or scan tool on the side wall of the left front tire at valve stem and press button on tool. The horn will sound to indicate that the sensor has been recognized by the (ECU).

DO NOT wait more than 2 minutes between setting each tire sensor or the system will time out, then you will have to start all over .
J DAMAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 02:29 AM   #20 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)

Originally Posted by J DAMAGE View Post
Are they ford TPMS, or After Market, I used After Market (ORO-TEK) and to set them, you can not use the method in the ford owners manual, but you will still need to have the TPMS tool, Try this method.

Note# To enter Reset Mode, Steps 1-6 MUST be completed within 60 Seconds

1-Place the ignition in OFF position, and keep the key in the ignition.

2-Press and release the brake pedal.

3-Cycle the ignition from OFF to RUN three (3) times ending in the RUN position (DO NOT START) the engine.

4-Press and hold the brake pedal for two (2) seconds, then release.

5-Turn ignition OFF - DO NOT remove key.

6-Cycle the ignition from OFF to RUN three (3) times ending in RUN-DO NOT start engine.

If the reset mode has been entered successfully, the horn will sound once. The TPMS message center will display (TRAIN LEFT FRONT TIRE). A double horn chirp indicates you need to repete the process.

7- Place the trigger tool or scan tool on the side wall of the left front tire at valve stem and press button on tool. The horn will sound to indicate that the sensor has been recognized by the (ECU).

DO NOT wait more than 2 minutes between setting each tire sensor or the system will time out, then you will have to start all over .
All this is correct, but first make sure that all four doors are open!