TPMS and the fury it releases on the dash and DIC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It was about 20 degrees out the other night and I was driving down the road. I traveled about 15-20 miles and then it happened my TPMS light came on and the angry scrolling messenges and with my lichenk this happened on the darkest and unsafest section of highway I could have been on so I drove another 5 miles to a gas station. All tires were 12 pounds low.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
huh.jpg

Sounds like:

* Your tires were low.
* They reached a threshold where the TPMS sent a low tire signal
* Had you checked them recently?

What's the issue? Not sure what your complaint is.

OP
OP
The Tank

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
huh.jpg

Sounds like:

* Your tires were low.
* They reached a threshold where the TPMS sent a low tire signal
* Had you checked them recently?

What's the issue? Not sure what your complaint is.

Here we get huge temperature swings this of year. So when its been in the 40s lows and the next day in the 20s for a low it plays with air pressure. All tires were down the same amount. I'm not really complaining just informing people that unless they want the angry dash they need to check there tire pressure.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here we get huge temperature swings this of year. So when its been in the 40s lows and the next day in the 20s for a low it plays with air pressure. All tires were down the same amount. I'm not really complaining just informing people that unless they want the angry dash they need to check there tire pressure.

vader_thumbs_up.jpg

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the same thing happen to me a few weeks ago when it got cold (lows of -3) I found that the tires were only about 4-5 PSI low. Now that the temps are back to normal, they are probably over inflated....

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
What are you guys running your tires at?
What does the tire recommend running?

Can the computer be programmed to run lower psi?

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
44 psi is what is in mine now. Tire class for 50 psi door calls for 45 psi. No it can't be reprogrammed the TPMS is based on rotating mass.

Oh crap, that must ride like sh*t...IMO
I've got a buddy that runs 42-44 in his Titan and it rides like sh*t, so bad that I air down before we go anywhere

I run 35 in my girls Exploder and 32 in my trucks and they all happen to call for 44 psi.
Are you 100% sure they can't be re programmed? I know the sensor's of my girls 08 Exploder can be.
I don't mind the idiot light on the dash, all of our cars and trucks have them, its the ******** Tire sensor reminder that comes up on her cluster every time we start the car. It gets old having to clear it every time we start it and I know the Raptor dash is a better quality than here's.

OP
OP
The Tank

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
44 isn't bad. It rides smoother then my Lightning ever did. No they can't reprogramed you would have to mess with the wheel speed sensor and abs sensor also. The second gen TPMS is such a PITA. I don't get a light until it drops at least 12 lbs below whats on the door. So 35 won't trigger a light.