TPMS fault?? Please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorRexCullen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2010 raptor just started giving me a TPMS fault alarm. It will come on at random times lasting 1 hour to 1 day then goes away for the same time. On and off.

I just got new tires and rims put on at kal-tire and they used three of the old sensors and replaced one with a new one. Could that be the problem? Should I take it back to them?

Another theory I have is my 5 star tune. I got my tune a few weeks ago and set it to performance. Then switched over to the economy for my road trip. That is when it started acting up. Ive since then switched back to performance but nothing has changed. Thoughts?

I havnt done any troubleshooting except for checking the tire pressures, which they are all good.

Has anyone had this problem before?

Thanks

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Another theory I have is my 5 star tune. I got my tune a few weeks ago and set it to performance. Then switched over to the economy for my road trip. That is when it started acting up. Ive since then switched back to performance but nothing has changed. Thoughts?
Here is some additional info. The TPMS is handled by the Body Control Module (BCM), which would be unaffected by a tune, which recalibrates the Engine Control Module (ECM) and Transmission Control Module (TCM).

OP
OP
RaptorRexCullen

RaptorRexCullen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is some additional info. The TPMS is handled by the Body Control Module (BCM), which would be unaffected by a tune, which recalibrates the Engine Control Module (ECM) and Transmission Control Module (TCM).

Good call. I didnt know that. Im going to take it in to kaltire and get them to look at it.

Thanks