tpms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sandygar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the tpms sensors have to be synced to the trucks computer or will new sensors automatically link up with the computer? I ask because I would like to put sensors in my other set of wheels. Will the sensors fit in Method wheels? Even better, is there a way to turn off the warning light permanently?

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do the tpms sensors have to be synced to the trucks computer or will new sensors automatically link up with the computer? I ask because I would like to put sensors in my other set of wheels. Will the sensors fit in Method wheels? Even better, is there a way to turn off the warning light permanently?

They have to be set in the computer. It doesn't do it automatically otherwise imagine the chaos in a parking lot.

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you are just getting new wheels, they can swap the tpms sensors from your old wheels to your new wheels. They do fit in the methods without a problem. But yes, they do need to be synced to the computer. I have been trying to talk to ford about turning the light off permanently, but so far they haven't given a definite answer.

OP
OP
S

sandygar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I guess I need to clarify by asking a better question. I would like to have sensors in both sets of wheels and tires. If I get another set of sensors will I have to get my truck reprogrammed every time I change wheels back and forth. My Dodge had sensors in both sets of wheels and there was no problem as they both linked automatically and the tps didn't trigger the idiot light when I switched wheels back and forth. Will Ford do the same?

cage1993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just happened on this tread - no legal way to turn of the TPMS light, it is federal law under the TREAD Act (thanks to the Firestone & Ford Explorer issue) - I'm sure someone who wants to tear their dash out could get it done, but good luck finding a dealer willing to mess with it

mrdci

Reaction score
My 2011 Sync'd up with out any interaction with new sensors. You still have to run about 40PSI to keep the sensors from displaying an alarm.

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just want to bring this up to clarify, if I bought methods I could swap the sensors over to the new wheels and they would automatically sync up without issue? (2012 Raptor)

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just want to bring this up to clarify, if I bought methods I could swap the sensors over to the new wheels and they would automatically sync up without issue? (2012 Raptor)

Yes, they should. Mark what sensor came from what wheel and make sure and install back in that same location would be my recommendation. I have done that several times with no problems.

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, they should. Mark what sensor came from what wheel and make sure and install back in that same location would be my recommendation. I have done that several times with no problems.

Perfect, thats what I was thinking anyway.

Cheers!