Toyo vs cooper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick6425

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the toyo open county m/t's vs cooper stt's? I was looking at getting the toyo's (35x12.5 20) but noticed the coopers are about $100 less for the set and weigh 15lbs less per tire. Looks like many people run the toyo's and are happy but I haven't seen much on cooper tires. Saving money and weight at the same time seems like it's to good to be true, so I thought I would see if anyone out there has any input.

Thanks in advance

bcjohnson22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that Dawson AKA Raptor Retrofit has the Cooper STT's that you are talking about. Pretty sure he gave a good review on them, just depends on what you are needing them for.

Greybeard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not on the truck but on the jeep I tried the Coopers and they chunked (lugs tearing off) after a couple of Offroad trips. The Toyos were great, rode smooth, grabbed well offroad but we're too heavy for the jeeps underpowered engine. I ended up running Goodyear MTR/k and they are a great tire but you must rotate and balance every 3000 miles or problems start creeping up

cbs001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the Coopers. I can only compare to the stock tires and goodyear MT''R. Great road manners and minimal road noise. Off road no complaints they have handled everything so far. Had them running trails in Colorado and Utah as well as local stuff.
Can't comment on winter driving yet, but for now I would buy again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

Nick6425

Reaction score
I don't need them for anything special. They will mostly be used in they city, so either one is over kill. I had been leaning towards the toyo's because they look better and have read a lot of good reviews. Just wasn't sure if the weight savings on the coopers was going to be a big deal or not. There aren't many reviews on the coopers, but the ones I've seen have been good.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If u are street queening it go with the coopers. They are lighter so u won't see as much mpg and power loss with them. I do agree tho the toyo looks a little better

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

truckarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not Toyo or Cooper, but Nitto is another good option. Wears well and offers great traction.