Toyo Open Country A/T II or R/Ts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpk1996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Toyo Open Country R/T 37" on stock wheels - pics

UPDATED the title since i ended up going with the R/Ts in 37. including pics for those that care

time for some new shoes. going to stick with the stock wheels for now, but have my eye on some fuel trophys in the futures.

trying to decide which tires will be better. I live in FL, so not a lot of snow, but we have lots of rain. i do a fair amount of hwy driving and street driving in general. really like the look of the R/T, but they are about $250 for the set ($1240 installed to $1500 for the R/T).

i do some off road mostly sand and mud around here. not as hard as an off roader as i would like (job and not much here that I know of) but do hunt and want the truck to be capable.

what say the FRF?

Last edited:
OP
OP
mpk1996

mpk1996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
of course now i think i am going to go with the 37" R/Ts

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do the RT's. They're quiet, they have a good warranty, and they look great. The only advantage to AT2 is the light snow/ice traction (you don't need that in FL) and the weight. The weight is roughly 5lbs less for the AT.

OP
OP
mpk1996

mpk1996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool. I decided to go with the R/Ts in 37". just got done cutting and hammering the pinch welds. i trimmed the flares a little bit, but I will have to see how much more (if any) after the tires are put on tomorrow. running stock rims on a mid perch, so hopefully all will go well

Greybeard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pics, pics, pics

Or it didn't happen. But really sounds like a nice set up. That's the tire I am thinking about

OP
OP
mpk1996

mpk1996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, it hasn't happened yet. I will post pics tomorrow after they are installed. should have taken pics of the pinch weld mods, but i think they have been done.

OP
OP
mpk1996

mpk1996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got the 37" R/Ts installed. they ride great, better than my stock ones were (of course they were shot), but much better than I had thought. zero road noise so far. they fill up the wheel wells nicely too. I think i am going to have to do a little more trimming on the lower rear part of the fender liners as its pretty close when the wheel is just turned, and if i am doing that and going over something i think it might rub. so i will prob pull out the air saw and go at it a little more. I did beat the pinch welds back last night, but didn't really trim the flare or the fender outside edge, just the lower aft part of the fender flare.

Raptor%20toyo%20rt%2037_zpsoxx40ase.jpg

raptor%20toyo%20rt%2037%20front_zpstavysamw.jpg

aptor%20toyo%2037%20rt%20front%20close_zpsuzybdyf6.jpg

r%20toyo%20rt%2037%20front%20clearance_zpsc0qfc7z7.jpg

raptor%20toyo%20rt%2037%20clear_zpsjwtoqbvm.jpg

raptor%20toyo%2037%20vs%20stock_zpswbpgx6xs.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Pics, pics, pics

Or it didn't happen. But really sounds like a nice set up. That's the tire I am thinking about

pics are up

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. I bought the A/T II's as last year the R/T's were on national back order.

A/T II's are rough, granted a narrower tire, but first time off road with those I didn't go a mile and jumped out and aired way down just due to them riding so rough. Aired them back up the next week and noticed the rough ride even on the street so aired back down and left them. Stock BFG's are much better, even at full air, but since stock setup doesn't have room for tire chains went to a narrower tire and different wheel offset to get room needed. A/T II's are my winter tires, but once those are worn I'll definitely be going to a different tire, likely the R/T's or the Goodyear MT/R w/Kevlar.