Toyo open country RT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
rap67

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove both RTs and duratracs yesterday in identical conditions and the RTs just didn't bite as well. They're OK but since I have the choice I'll run my duratracs in the winter.

Last edited:

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 for the Duratracs....had them on my old truck and loved them...will be getting them when my OEM tires are done....the RT and new nittos have a similar looking tread pattern I wonder why lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

freddye13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll be fine. You'll have the exact same fitment as me. Here are a few pics
Setup looks great. Which Fuel's are you using and what is the offset? I just put a set of 35 rt's on my raptor with the stock wheels. I wanted a set of aftermarket wheels that did not stick out any more than yours. I like the new KMC XD-127's at +18 offset. would they stick out more or less than yours? Also what tire pressure are you using ft and rear?

Moridin

Reaction score
Also just installed a set of R/T's

Called like 4 different places, was told the same: 35x12.50 17's back-ordered since September. No idea when they'd be available, but everyone had lots of 18 inch versions.

Out of frustration, called local Les Schwab and they had 20 of the 17's in stock. Go figure.

Rap67 did a pretty good job with pics, but I'll throw a couple up of them on my truck. First impressions, as with everything, pics don't do them justice. They look mean in person, a lot like an M/T. A world of difference in just the visual aspect from the stock KO's... these make the stockers look like something off of an Accord.

Extremely quiet, way more than I was expecting. I'm talking seriously hardly any noise at all over my KO's (but granted they had 25,000 miles on them.) To have a tire that looks this gnarly yet is this quiet is awesome. Handling seems the same, really can't tell a difference there. Got them up to 85 on the way home and no issues with wandering or vibration. Took very little weight to balance, the guys at Les Schwab were impressed.

If they get even close to the claimed 45,000 miles, I'm a happy camper. Haven't taken them off-road yet, but I have no worries about their performance there since I don't have access to any kind of deep mud (the only thing I'd think these might suffer with over a true M/T.)

IMG_6610.jpg

IMG_6613.jpg

IMG_6614.jpg

IMG_6611.jpg

IMG_6612.jpg

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^I second everything he said above...I'm impressed by these and can't get over how quiet they are compared to their looks

cpetes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They look great! Is it true they have a more narrow look to them? Wouldn't mind seeing a photo snapped from the rear for some perspective.

Moridin

Reaction score
They look great! Is it true they have a more narrow look to them? Wouldn't mind seeing a photo snapped from the rear for some perspective.

I read someone say that they are narrower than stock, but I'm not seeing it. If anything, because of the tread and sidewall pattern they seem bigger to me than the KO's. Both height and width. Not saying that they actually are, though.

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read someone say that they are narrower than stock, but I'm not seeing it. If anything, because of the tread and sidewall pattern they seem bigger to me than the KO's. Both height and width. Not saying that they actually are, though.

Here is a pic next to the OE tire

2z5uq2v.jpg

Moridin

Reaction score
Taller in that pic, for sure. Tread section seems narrower, but overall width to outside of sidewall seems wider. Who knows. It's a mystery.