Toyo Open Country MT on stock wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTRaptorNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have browsed a few of the threads concerning the Open Country MT tires. I am wanting to purchase these, however I want to use the Stock wheels. My rig is currently on mid perch. I'm just looking for a straight answer about rubbing issues.

Will I have rubbing issues on mid perch with stock rims if I am using the open country MT tires. If so what about the stock wheel causes the rubbing? Also, if it comes down to purchasing different wheels what am I looking for to remedy the rubbing.

Sorry if this has been asked before. I hate beating a dead horse.

Thanks in advance.

Gilligan

Reaction score
I dont think i've experienced any rubbing with my toyo MT's on midperch with factory rims, definitely nothing noticeable if they have, and that's including a few jumps.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
35s or 37s? I know a member on here that has the 35s on aftermarket rims and he rubs every once in rare while. There is no straight answer until you mount them and drive around. No two trucks, tires, rims are the same.

OP
OP
SVTRaptorNY

SVTRaptorNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
35s or 37s? I know a member on here that has the 35s on aftermarket rims and he rubs every once in rare while. There is no straight answer until you mount them and drive around. No two trucks, tires, rims are the same.

Would be 35s. I wouldn't attempt 37s until I do fiberglass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you may rub, no real way to be sure until you mount and test. They are bigger than the stock tires. And by rub i mean the liner, all suspension parts should clear just fine.