Toyo 37x12.5x17 MT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

str8fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife had two close calls in Tahoe last winter due to low traction. Then had a blow out on the trail after running straight over a small rock and I emphasis small! I had the mts prior and they never ceased to amaze me I barely ever put it in 4wd but with the rts I have to be in 4wd on anything but pavement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

srs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did u get from I am seriously disappointed with the rts but chose them because they came in the 12.50 and the mt I could only find in the 13.50

After constant searching I got them through Discount Tire. Only place I found that actually could get them. 4 Wheel probably could have gotten them also but they couldn't guarantee it when I spoke with them.

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

Are you running OEM fenders?

Are you asking me or str8fast? I do still have stock fenders. Wheeled pretty hard at TRR this year with OEM fenders 37X13.5X20 and beat the daylights out of my inner fender liners (luckily didn't rip them out). I also rubbed hard enough on both fender flared it melted through them on the undersides by about 1/2-1". No other rubbing.

ziechman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did u get from I am seriously disappointed with the rts but chose them because they came in the 12.50 and the mt I could only find in the 13.50

What's so disappointing about the RT? Do u want a more aggressive MT for off-roading?

Edit: read a few previous posts and I see what your complaint/needs are.

Last edited:

str8fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rts have proven less reliable than my mts in every situation but brand new asphalt. Snow they sucked mud there horrible dirt trail they do ok until there is any contact with objects. My mts took multiple gnarly rocks with ease. Yeah I had a few bulges but they always got me home. The rts I thought were the ticket between off and on road performance until I went on a trail I was used to running on my mts. That's when I realized they I had made a mistake buying them

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

I guess I wouldn't say there a bad tire I just expected similar performance as the mt which is no where comparable

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Moral of story: if u have owned the toyo mud terrain never switch u will be disappointed in your choice.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My rts have proven less reliable than my mts in every situation but brand new asphalt. Snow they sucked mud there horrible dirt trail they do ok until there is any contact with objects. My mts took multiple gnarly rocks with ease. Yeah I had a few bulges but they always got me home. The rts I thought were the ticket between off and on road performance until I went on a trail I was used to running on my mts. That's when I realized they I had made a mistake buying them

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

I guess I wouldn't say there a bad tire I just expected similar performance as the mt which is no where comparable

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Moral of story: if u have owned the toyo mud terrain never switch u will be disappointed in your choice.

I really like my RT's however I would never use them in the snow or ice. There is next to no siping. I keep AT's for the winter. The RT's are summer tire for me.

I love the M/T too but wanted something quieter and lighter this time around.

DezertRacer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I can get the 37/12.50/17 toyos . 13 are inbound and I have some at another location i can transfer to if anybody is still looking for them

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-10 at 10.52.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-10 at 10.52.24 AM.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 197
  • Screen Shot 2016-06-10 at 10.52.28 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-06-10 at 10.52.28 AM.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 81