Toyo 37x12.5x17 MT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

socal2ks

Reaction score
It seems like this is a new size from toyo. It measures 36.8 tall and 12.5 wide and is a D range tire. Tread depot had it listed at 99lbs but there is no way it weighs more than the 37x13.5x17 in an E range.

This seems like it is similar in size to the ko2, so maybe they can be run with just some trimming/hammering of the pinch weld with method wheels?

Anyone have these yet?

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems like this is a new size from toyo. It measures 36.8 tall and 12.5 wide and is a D range tire. Tread depot had it listed at 99lbs but there is no way it weighs more than the 37x13.5x17 in an E range.

This seems like it is similar in size to the ko2, so maybe they can be run with just some trimming/hammering of the pinch weld with method wheels?

Anyone have these yet?

That weight does seem off but if anyone was able to make a smaller lighter loaded tire weigh more than a bigger heavier loaded tire it's definitely toyo. Some of there 20" tires are heavier than their 17" tires. More rubber, less weight lol.

With Toyo M/T's and Nitto Trail Grapplers being similar in weight 90% of the time I'm gonna say these probably weigh closer to 84-85lb like the nitto.

As for the sizing, I wouldn't compare it to the BFG. Toyo runs big (or true to size) and BFG runs small. I wouldn't recommend running a method but a more positive offset wheel to help with clearances if you go Toyo.

OP
OP
S

socal2ks

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, have you seen this new tire size mounted up yet?

I was hoping to stick with the methods since I already have them, as well as Vince's caps all in the box ready to go.

The other option is down the "glass" rabbit hole:crazy:

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, have you seen this new tire size mounted up yet?

I was hoping to stick with the methods since I already have them, as well as Vince's caps all in the box ready to go.

The other option is down the "glass" rabbit hole:crazy:

Just wanted to chime in here regarding fiberglass fenders. If it helps at all, I just did the ADD inner liners w/ the Boatec +2's. I'm not a body shop guy, but I thought I'd give it a shot on my own. It really wan't all that bad. Took about 7-8 hours to fit both the inners and the fenders. Not a lot of specialty tools required. Had a guy here in town paint them for a good price. Coated the inside of the fenders and both sides of the inner liners with Raptor Liner myself as well. These fenders really open up the possibility of fitting 37's and much wider tires. I know this is a tire thread, but adding glass really does make choosing the tires you want much easier......

FordraptorHero

Reaction score
I'm also curious if anyone has tried running 37x12.50r17 toyo mts with stock fenders. I've been scanning the forum for info on this and can't seem to find information. If anyone can chime in on their experience with this set up or point me to a thread with this type of info that would be great, thank you.

Gilligan

Reaction score
Heck I had some minor rubbing with toyo m/t 35's with stock offset.... With enough trimming of the inner flare and pinch welds it may be possible for a street queen, no way you're getting offroad with that setup no matter how much trimming you do to the stock fenders and liners.

TaylorF-150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting...I went and looked at the Toyo site, and they must have corrected the weight. They're showing 93 pounds for the 13.5 and 83 pounds for the 12.5. They also list the 12.5 at .2" smaller in diameter than the 13.5. Go figure. Cool that there's an option for a slightly lighter and narrower version.

srs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have yet to find anyone that has a Toyo MT 37X12.5X17 in stock or has been able to order any.