GEN 1 Tire rub!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Runnhyd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed my new method nvs 17X8.5 0offset with a fresh set of toyo open country mts 35-12.50-17. Truck has Geiser bros springs on mid perch and now I seem to have a clearance issue on the driver side when the wheel is full lock to the left measures out at like 1" clearance so the slightest bump and I rub on the inside fender. The right side however appears to almost have 2-3" of clearance? Alignment was done when everything was installed and feels like it's good I don't notice any pulling.I recently had the same tires on stock wheels and had no issues with rubbing both with stock springs and the Geiser springs. Scratching my head any ideas?? Gonna have the alignment checked again asap.
d211921f803b9ceb55e68c538b7923be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe you're running 37's on the left and 35's on the right

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Edit:
But in all seriousness I hope this gets solved soon I really don't know what to tell you besides good luck!

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have the alignment shop adjust the camber all the way out. That will help. I had the same issue with 37's and they could adjust the rub out for me (that and I installed Boatec fenders/liners). Some places can't/won't do it because they don't know how. Keep looking 'till you find one.

Truck looks good though. Hope you find a solution......

Agent 00 L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get it fixed with alignment. If you have or install an adjustable UCA you can push the wheel forward then use the UCA to get the alignment right. I had to get this done on mine after I got it, already had methods on it.

You are going to have to look around for the right place. There is only one guy in one shop that I trust to do mine now.

mwm5094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a caster problem..... look on your alignment sheet. Drivers side is prob floating around 3.5 degrees while the pass side is around 5 - 5.5 degrees. Just move both rear LCA bolts all the way out towards the outside of the truck. Camber will be a little off though, prob around 1 degree.

justinb491

Reaction score
I just put those same wheels on my truck. I put new BFG KO2 and mid perch. Full turn and go over a bump and it'll hit. I was told same thing about getting an alignment. Going Friday so hopefully that's the ticket