Tire rotations for trucks with 2 spares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For all you guys with two matching spares... How many of you run them through your rotation schedule? Now that I have 6 tires, all matching, all with TPMS installed.... I was thinking in the first rotation, move the spares to the front, front to rear, and rears into the spare position.

Figure it's at least let them all wear evenly and last a bit longer, then when they're done, get six new tires and start all over. So at least on my next set, I can get say a Nitto 37" MT and not worry if I need to run the spare and it being a smaller 37" BFH ko2... If that makes sense

jocdmd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Makes sense to me since you are planning on different tires next time.
I was thinking of leaving the two spares out of rotation so when the four wear out I only need to buy two more to have four new tires. And then use two worn out for spares.
But I do like your idea too.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree with rotating all 6 tires, just not the way you say to do it, lol. In the owners manual it even says to rotate the left front to the right rear, etc. Whatever it takes to avoid cupping in the tires, this will get you the most out of your tires, just my 02

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For all you guys with two matching spares... How many of you run them through your rotation schedule? Now that I have 6 tires, all matching, all with TPMS installed.... I was thinking in the first rotation, move the spares to the front, front to rear, and rears into the spare position.

Figure it's at least let them all wear evenly and last a bit longer, then when they're done, get six new tires and start all over. So at least on my next set, I can get say a Nitto 37" MT and not worry if I need to run the spare and it being a smaller 37" BFH ko2... If that makes sense

Pretty much exactly what I do once my rears start to get some wear on them.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I run 6 and cycle them through in pairs as well. front to back criss cross. Most meat goes out back, then next most up front, and least to spares.

Its a good concept, tho when you do kill one my ocd pushes me to replace 2 now. luckily by the time i do kill a toyo they tire is likley already pretty beat so am due for 2 anways.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
question on the TPMS in the spares, they don't activate until they roll correct? my Kenwood system gives me TPMS by tire, so dont' want to screw that up.

D

Deleted member 12951

How many TPMS can you program to the truck. We all know 4 and it sounds like 6 but can you go to 8 or 10?

The concept is to have a set of street and a set of off-road with spares.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I rotate mine in and out without issue or needing to pair them after doing it the first time. all ford tpms