Tire pressures?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnday

Reaction score
Firstly, NO, I'm NOT trying to make my XLT into a fake Raptor. That said, I just had some Raptor wheels installed, along with BFG 315/70/17, KO2's, simply because I like the looks, and think that combination will work for me. I wonder if anyone would tell me what the door jamb sticker says for recommended pressure. Yes, I know about the chalking method, but I'd like a starting pointe. Since my XLT is a SCab, and 4X4, I think the weight would be about the same? Does the Raptor weigh more than a regular 150?

D

Deleted member 12951

44psi cold, all 4

I imagine on Ford's website, there might be specs on weight to compare

OP
OP
johnday

johnday

Reaction score
Thanks Rick! I had the shop air them up to 45#, looks like I can sometimes guess pretty close! LOL
I'll take a look on that website.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
44psi might be too high though. You might see inside tire wear. For me 41psi was the sweet spot for tire wear. You will probably have to experiment a little.

OP
OP
johnday

johnday

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the feedback. Now that I've got a concrete starting pointe, I'll do the chalk thing and make sure.
Even at 45#, I'm impressed with the smooth ride. I put 75 miles on them coming home from the dealer, about 50/50 expressway and two lane, it looks like I'm gonna like them.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've run the recommended 44 psi (as specified on the doorjam) +/- 2psi since day one and recently had my tires checked for abnormal wear by my local ford dealer and by Discount tire. Both said that my tires were wearing even and no cupping. The tires have 27,*** miles on them and have been rotated at 5k intervals. The reason for having them checked is because I installed the Gieser Brother springs and had an alignment done for the first time on my Raptor using the specs posted on here by @PirateAir.

D

Deleted member 12951

I've run the recommended 44 psi (as specified on the doorjam) +/- 2psi since day one and recently had my tires checked for abnormal wear by my local ford dealer and by Discount tire. Both said that my tires were wearing even and no cupping. The tires have 27,*** miles on them and have been rotated at 5k intervals. The reason for having them checked is because I installed the Gieser Brother springs and had an alignment done for the first time on my Raptor using the specs posted on here by @PirateAir.

First time, wow. I have the same mileage and probably close to 15+ alignments so far.